Hanuman (2015) - New Martial Arts Movie from Cambodia

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Italian director Jimmy Henderson, a resident of Cambodia for many years, looks to be aiming to do for the local action movie industry there the same thing as Welsh director Gareth Evans did for Indonesia. Just like Evans did with Silat, Henderson is taking the ancient Cambodian martial art of Bokator, and has built a movie around it in which a child whose father was murdered returns as an adult for revenge, wearing a mask to hide his identity.

Check out the trailer below -

Z8DVvxJuEOY

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I want to like this and be excited about it but...I don't know. The action looks kind of jumpy. And what were they trying to do, go for that undercranked feel? I need a better trailer, or at least a decent fight clip before deciding if I really want to see this or not. (Good find though, OAB.)

OpiumKungFuCracker

This is definitely under the radar. Hope it picks up some steam once the word of mouth gets out. The Trailer is kinda bland but we'll see soon enough.

I thought the trailer looked pretty interesting. Is it me or does the main guy looks like Iko Uwais (there's even a dude that looks like Yayan Ruhian)

It's King of the Kickboxers, Merantau, Five Deadly Venoms (hehe) and Raid 2 all rolled into one:

And you can't get any more Raid 2 than its "inspired" poster:

Untitled-1.jpg

One Armed Boxer
The action looks kind of jumpy. And what were they trying to do, go for that undercranked feel?

The teaser actually gives a glimpse of some more of the action. I see what you mean, I get the feel that the action just needs to be "fine tuned" for want of a better word. The choreography and skills both seem to be there...but some of the camera angles give away the lack of contact, and some of the choreography seems to be lacking confidence...but this is all forgivable considering it's basically Cambodia's first attempt at an MA flick.

VCPf25NBDq0

If you watch the teaser trailer.. They even have a guy named "mad dog"

I didn't see that....did I miss it?

Archived