5 Element Ninjas Ending (MINOR SPOILERS)

KenHashibe

If you've seen the Five Element Ninjas (and if you're reading this, you probably have), you more than likely remember the very end of the movie in which the three surviving fighters destroy the earth emblem in a totally unrealistic but campy fashion. The rock explodes and some unintentional comedy comes up when the fighter in the middle falls over.

That's funny enough, but did you notice that the fighter on the right actually hits the fighter in the middle on the head causing him to fall over? I hadn't noticed this the first few times I saw this movie. Has anyone else noticed this? Please leave some comments. I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

DuAZ4l.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Forum member venoms5 pointed this out to me years ago. A fitting and hilarious ending. Somebody had a good sense of humor leaving that take in.

shaolin swords

thanks for pointing that out I never notice that am surprised they left that in the movie this is the movie that put me on to the venoms one of my fav this is some funny sh*t lol :xd::wink:

I'd honestly never notice this before. It makes me wonder how much "gag reel" footage there was for classic kung fu films.

Reel Power Stunts
I would say the way they slammed these movies out, especially giving the time, it was a "one take and that's a wrap" scenario.

I don't think Shaws films directed by Chang Cheh were "slammed out", they had quite generous shoot schedules.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had just the one prop to break (so no repeatables), and didn't care too much how the last shot turned out. Lots of kung fu films have rather throw away "freeze frame " endings because, I guess the thinking was a lot of the audience didnt care too much once the villain was defeated.

I don't think Shaws films directed by Chang Cheh were "slammed out", they had quite generous shoot schedules.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had just the one prop to break (so no repeatables), and didn't care too much how the last shot turned out. Lots of kung fu films have rather throw away "freeze frame " endings because, I guess the thinking was a lot of the audience didnt care too much once the villain was defeated.

Maybe for the fight choreography, but all this prop is pieces of styrofoam painted to look like rock and put together, it was already broke, but I'll give you they probably just didn't care or maybe they did do a couple takes and just liked this one better.

Archived