A Hero Never Dies (1998)

DiP

This was under my radar until just now when I found out that this film recently got a BD release in Japan. A custom with English subtitles is on ADC right now.

Hopefully, this means that we'll get HD transfers of other late 90s Milkyway gems such as Expect the Unexpected, The Longest Nite, and The Mission.

http://www.aheroneverdies.com/2014/12/am-i-dreaming-hero-never-dies-on-blu-ray.html

• Like 1

This was under my radar until just now when I found out that this film recently got a BD release in Japan. A custom with English subtitles is on ADC right now.

Hopefully, this means that we'll get HD transfers of other late 90s Milkyway gems such as Expect the Unexpected, The Longest Nite, and The Mission.

http://www.aheroneverdies.com/2014/12/am-i-dreaming-hero-never-dies-on-blu-ray.html

Hold on, are you saying this Japanese disc doesn't have subtitles?

• Like 1

Japanese distribution companies should start subbing their releases in English more often like their Chinese/Korean counterparts. That way, they outta earn more money.

• Like 1

I just watched this for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it! It's definitely not your typical triad movie. Although it does feature enough bloody slow-mo shootouts. But it's more about brotherhood or friendship between two individuals on opposing sides.

This may sound akward but it was a joy to just watch a movie with barely any dialogue. A lot of the things happening are through the simple craft of acting just with the addition of some and for the most part same music cue.

The story is also surprisingly heartfelt both leads are doing a great job. Think it's also worth mentioning that there's no annyoing or over the top female characters. Something a lot of the 90's HK movies were plagued with. Sorry just saying...

Overall this comes highly recommended if you're looking for a not so average HK triad movie! Hope I'll discover more of this sort soon.

• Like 6