All my upcoming custom DVD projects

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Incredible Kung Fu Misson - 2:35.1 UK print (stretched to anamorphic 16:9) synched up with super-rare Mandarin and English audio- Simplified Chinese and English dubtitles still in progress. Artwork is complete

Of Cooks and Kung Fu - German print (16:9 anamorphic) with English, German and rare Mandarin audio - English dubtitles unfinished but all work done otherwise. Atwork Complete.

Snake In The Eagle's Shadow II - Widescreen 1:85.1 VHS transfer - English and super rare Mandarin audio - English subs not even started, will definitely be dubtitles. Artwork not made.

Snake In the Monkey's Shadow - Widescreen 2:35 Betamax transfer - English and Mandarin - needs subs (likely dubtitles unless I can find some) - no artwork yet.

Shaolin Drunken Monk - French 2:35.1 Anamorphic DVD - English and Mandarin audio - Needs subtitles (will be taken from my hardsubbed Chinese VHS print) - no artwork yet

Shouldn't be long now :).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber

Thank you so much for your appreciation. Without your support, these projects may not have been possible. I appreciate it so much, that I accidently typed "Thank you" into the login screen. Incredible Kung Fu Mission subs are now finished and the release date is tommorow. All I have left to do is re-encode the video and mux it with the subs and audio tracks. I have produced lots of different covers for the film so that you can choose one that best fits your liking. Obviously I can't post links to the DVD but it will be on Asian DVD Club and should be very easy to find (it's the only Mandarin and subbed release in the world). :nerd:

So you won't be making copies for people, just uploading? It is awesome we have people doing this stuff. But if you were making copies, I'd throw some $$ your way to have one. (and I am a member of the ADC anyway)

TheKungFuRobber
So you won't be making copies for people, just uploading? It is awesome we have people doing this stuff. But if you were making copies, I'd throw some $$ your way to have one. (and I am a member of the ADC anyway)

I may consider selling some copies, but only for the artwork. If I do I'll get back to you on that.

sifu iron perm
I may consider selling some copies, but only for the artwork. If I do I'll get back to you on that.

Please do, i can't get into ADC, would not allow me to join.

Secret Executioner

I too would be more interested in a physical copy of some of those titles - more specifically Incredible Kung Fu Mission, Snake In The Monkey's Shadow and Snake In The Eagle's Shadow II. :nerd:

TheKungFuRobber
I too would be more interested in a physical copy of some of those titles - more specifically Incredible Kung Fu Mission, Snake In The Monkey's Shadow and Snake In The Eagle's Shadow II. :nerd:

I'd like to but I would have to register with PayPal and find out about shipping to France.

I'm also interested ; I'm in France too and I'm not on ADC (too constraining and each time I tried to register there, it was impossible...).

Snake In The Eagle's Shadow II - Widescreen 1:85.1 VHS transfer - English and super rare Mandarin audio - English subs not even started, will definitely be dubtitles. Artwork not made.

I don`t have dvd at hand now but I think UK release has mandarin audio. Crap aspect ratio tho, but film is great. Worth seeing for descending cat attack:bigsmile::tongue:

Thanks for those great project !

just one minor thing: "All I have left to do is re-encode the video and mux it with the subs and audio tracks"

Why do you re-encode the video? no matter what program you use.... it will always result in a worse-looking video than before :)

just my 2 cents.

TheKungFuRobber
Thanks for those great project !

just one minor thing: "All I have left to do is re-encode the video and mux it with the subs and audio tracks"

Why do you re-encode the video? no matter what program you use.... it will always result in a worse-looking video than before :)

just my 2 cents.

Normally I would never re-encode the video, but in this case it is neccessary because I want to convert this version to anamophic widescreen (yes, I know most kung-fu releases are always non anamorphic blah blah blah but I would like this version to be anamorphic). I personally don't mind non-anamorphic widescreen as most TVs have the fuction to crop anyway. :)

TheKungFuRobber
I don`t have dvd at hand now but I think UK release has mandarin audio. Crap aspect ratio tho, but film is great. Worth seeing for descending cat attack:bigsmile::tongue:

My transfer of the film is below-average quality (decent VHS) but much better than the UK DVD. It is based on a VHS release uploaded to ADC by ukreverend. So many thanks to him/her for the upload. As for the UK DVD, does it have subtitles? :nerd:

TheKungFuRobber

Incredible Kung Fu Mission will be ready within an hour. Video and audio are ready to be multiplexed. All I need to do is look at the subtitles and convert them to a binary format.

My transfer of the film is below-average quality (decent VHS) but much better than the UK DVD. It is based on a VHS release uploaded to ADC by ukreverend. So many thanks to him/her for the upload. As for the UK DVD, does it have subtitles? :nerd:

I'm a 'HIM' by the way! LOL

Bless:cool:

According to cover "re-mastered subtitles". Too lazy to check now but not only full screen I recall picture quality was not good either in disc. So your custom dvd with better aspect ratio is still going to be better version than official dvd release.

TheKungFuRobber

ukreverend, thanks for uploading your VHS. It's the best version of the film availible.

Tex Killer, could you please send the subs to my email. PM me and I can send you my address.

• Administrator
Well, there's Kung Fu Mission done and up on ADC and ready to download.

Thanks a lot brother! :bigsmile: Looking forward to watching your version. :nerd:

I never watched SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW II because it didn't have Jackie Chan, and I snubbed it as a wannabe. Is it actually a good kung fu movie? :smile:

Archived