Three (formerly 'Three on the Road') (2015) - Johnnie To, Louis Koo

DiP

This new crime thriller --- starring Louis Koo and Wallace Cheung --- will revolve around an ex-con drawn into a heist scheme shortly after his release from prison.

To also has two other projects in development: One echoes his 2007 co-directed Triangle with Tsui Hark and Ringo Lam involved. To will produce the film while Frank Hui, Vicky Wong and Jevons Au Man-kit will be directing the stories of a trio of notorious thieves crossing from Mainland China to Hong Kong with each director handling a story segment of an individual thief. The other will be an eight part anthology film exploring Hong Kong Cinema from the 1940s to present day. This last project will involve pretty much any of the big names synonymous with the Golden Age of Hong Kong films.

Source: http://twitchfilm.com/2015/01/trio-of-new-johnnie-to-projects-now-in-production-including-hong-kong-historical-anthology-with-john.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news of Johnnie To, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ringo Lam, Anne Hui, Sammo Hung, Yuen Woo-ping and Patrick Tam teaming together for the epic series of films sounds crazy! Thanks for the info, man!

The film's international title is Three on the Road. The film also co-stars Gao Yuanyuan.

SYNOPSIS: Realizing that he will be defeated in no time during a police showdown, a thug shoots himself to force the cops to cease fire and take him to the hospital. In the hospital, he claims human rights to refuse immediate treatment in order to bide time for his underlings to rescue him. The detective in charge sees through his scheme but decides to play along so as to capture his whole gang once and for all.

Source: http://www.thefilmcatalogue.com/catalog/FilmDetail.php?id=19081

How have I missed out on this? Sammo, Woo Ping and John Woo? Can't even describe how awesome that is! It's like The Avengers of the action film!

They are teaming up for a historical anthology film though so I think this collaboration is more of a stylistic storytelling kind of film.

But who knows, maybe that film will propel some of these directors to reunite for a big action film in the future.

Yeah I suppose so. I just think it would be akin to a crime to have these directors together and not have at least one awesome fight scene. However I think at the moment I'm more excited about Sammo's return to directing full length feature with The Bodyguard, which sounds more action-y

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The news of Johnnie To, Tsui Hark, John Woo, Ringo Lam, Anne Hui, Sammo Hung, Yuen Woo-ping and Patrick Tam teaming together for the epic series of films sounds crazy! Thanks for the info, man!

Yes, outta-sight! I first read about this on cityonfire.com and was thrilled to say the least.

According to Media Asia's head of sales Fred Tsui, this film promises to be one of J. To's most action-packed thrillers.

Source: http://twitchfilm.com/2015/02/johnnie-to-announces-three-new-hk-projects-at-efm.html

Okay, this thread just gets better and better.

How have I missed out on this? Sammo, Woo Ping and John Woo? Can't even describe how awesome that is! It's like The Avengers of the action film!

Yes! Bring it on. :nerd:

Archived