Iron Monkey '77 dvd German vs British release

66 Mantis

Been eyeing the German dvd for a while now, but am wondering just how much better looking it is vs the British release from Showbox Home Entertainment (which is available for far cheaper). Can anybody here compare and contrast the two and/or is there an even better print out there? Believe it or not, I STILL haven't upgraded it in my collection from the vhs print.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Been eyeing the German dvd for a while now, but am wondering just how much better looking it is vs the British release from Showbox Home Entertainment (which is available for far cheaper). Can anybody here compare and contrast the two and/or is there an even better print out there? Believe it or not, I STILL haven't upgraded it in my collection from the vhs print.

Can't comment on the German, I'm afraid. Here are my memories of the UK DVD.

Widescreen, scope but distorted vertically.

Beaten-up print, possibly from a VHS tape copy

English dub, save for a short scene in Mandarin without subtitles

Audio is out of sync in first reel or two

An extra scene from a Mandarin-with-English subtitles source is also included as a supplement

Thanks Killer Meteor. Well, i can get it used for US $5 including postage so what the hell. I can always double down for the German print later. Just glad to hear it's in widescreen.

german version is alot better than u.k version it as good picture quality. they have added pieces in worse quality to make it uncut. . you should get it as best available i think

german version is alot better than u.k version it as good picture quality. they have added pieces in worse quality to make it uncut. . you should get it as best available i think

Thanks for the info!

Glad I waited. Just ordered it on Amazon.comGermany. For some reason, the postage rates dropped dramatically from Germany to the U.S. and it was suddenly affordable.

shaolin swords

rick baker is selling these iron monkey dvds on facebook and ebay im definitely going to buy a copy if he has any left soon

it's from the same Master as the previous German DVD, but uncut. mind you: the old German DVD was cut by 15 Minutes (all Action!) so it was totally worthless.

Archived