X-Men: Gambit (TBA) - Channing Tatum

AlbertV

tumblr_m8e0z4A3Xg1rbd2rto1_1280.jpg

Fox has officially announced that X-Men: Gambit will be released on October 7, 2016. Channing Tatum will play the Cajun martial artist and card thrower who can manipulate kinetic energy in the spin-off film, replacing Taylor Kitsch, who played him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug Liman (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) is currently in talks to direct the Gambit movie, replacing a departed Rupert Wyatt. 

Bond girl Lea Seydoux has already been confirmed to play Bella Donna Boudreux, Gambit's love interest and the leader of the guild of assassins.

After years in development and the recent merging of Fox and Disney, Simon Kinsberg, who is in charge of the X-Men Universe at Fox, gave an optimistic update on Gambit:

“All of the movies at Fox are being evaluated. I love the idea of Channing playing Gambit. I think we have a great script for it and I think it’s a role he was born to play. It’s a character I grew up loving and I know the fans love. So I suspect, I hope it will happen. There will be a lot of mixing and merging now and I’m all for it and excited to see.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/gambit-update-simon-kinberg-fox-films-evaluated-merger-1203174154/

Archived