Rambo 5 - The Last Blood (2015)

kungfusamurai

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

Synopsis:

Sylvester Stallone returns as John Rambo in this fifth entry of the seminal action-packed series. After the previous film had Rambo helping the people of Burma, this new picture deals with him being assigned to track down a top-secret military experiment whose bloodlust is leaving a trail of wreckage along the Northern wilderness. Stallone writes and directs the Nu Image/Millenium Films production, loosely based on the novel Hunter by James Byron Huggins. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

You can't go wrong with Rambo. And this upcoming installment sounds like it could turn out to be the best in the series. Can't wait!

One movie that I'm looking forward to. I saw Rambo in the theaters had had a blast. For me, it's reclaiming a lost childhood as I was too little (pre-kindergarten) to enjoy these type films in the 80s (in theaters). Today's so-called action movies don't do it for me, so this is refreshing,

I wouldn't call myself a Rambo fan but the movies are pretty entertaining trash. The last one however was a major letdown due to the really terrible cg effects that were completely out of place. It's a shame too since it could have been the best of the series (not including the first).

TibetanWhiteCrane
I don't recall any CGI in any Rambo movies. Sly is not big on CGI anyway, he shoots films the old school way without CGI.

eeeeeh, did you see part 4:nerd:

yeah but I didn't notice any stand out CGI, if there is CGI what special effects team did the CGI?

I'm not sure who does the actual work. I did a brief search and didn't turn up a name but the cg is definitely there and very distracting. One never should attempt bloody cg effects. It goes against nature.

Guest Markgway

An obvious example of CGI in RAMBO is when he uses the mounted machine gun to blast the shit out of the soldiers. There's actually a lot of CGI blood in that movie. Didn't spoil it for me - but I'd have preferred old-fashioned blood bags.

daisho2004

I honestly don't think they should make another Rambo movie, it was fine just how it ended!!

But remember folks that Sly did say that Rocky Balboa is done and - quote - " but the Rambo character is something I'll like to revisit " this was said after the success of Rambo 4.Is my main man Sly just being sly?

galvatron1976

Rambo returns! Sylvester Stallone confirms he's busy making his fifth movie in the series... and it's called Last Blood

Rambo fans should get ready for a fifth version of the famous action-movie series.

Sylvester Stallone, the star and writer of the four existing Rambo movies, indicated via Twitter on Sunday that he is either already making or is about to start work on a final installment - entitled Last Blood.

It will come more than 30 years after Stallone, 68, first took his Vietnam veteran to the jungle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2894973/Sylvester-Stallone-says-Rambo-Blood-sequel-made.html#ixzz3NvOgBi00

Well the last Rambo was really good, if a little hard to watch. But it was refreshing to see such a shockingly violent film, especially in these times of the 12A (even though Sly himself is in that camp). However, I'm really looking forward to this, and here's hoping that Sly has one last great fight scene in him.

Drunken Monk

The fourth Rambo film is one of the best action films of recent times. I hope he goes R rated for fifth film and delivers something special.

Secret Executioner

No matter what, it won't be as OTT as Turkish Rambo. :tongue:

More seriously, isn't Rambo supposed to die in this film or did I imagine it ?

I loved Part-4 but I'm not that hyped about another film. The ending of the last movie seemed to give the impression Rambo had come full circle. Ill no doubt end up watching this when it come's out. Only because Stallone wont be appearing in front of the camera for much longer action-wise.

I'm more intrigued by another project of his Scarpa. There was talk of him doing a Death Wish re-make at one time, but that appears to have been shelved.

The fourth Rambo film is one of the best action films of recent times. I hope he goes R rated for fifth film and delivers something special.

For sure. Stallone has already said it will be a hard R (and he's directing).

Looking forward to to it!

Archived