Sex and Fury (1973) - Which DVD?

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

I've seen this DVD around, but wasn't sure if it was good as an action flick, or if it's only good point was the sex stuff. How is the fight choreography?

KFS

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

Yeah, from the reviews I read, it was more about the sex and gore than the fighting. But I was hoping there would be some reasonably good choreography. Oh well, I might just get it and the sequel anyway.

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

I came across these DVD's on ebay has anyone seen them, if so how are they?

Sex and Fury:

From the creator of the sukeban, or delinquency, genre of Japanese sexploitation films, comes this explosion of violence, sex, and just plain fun. Cult icon Reiko Ike stars as Ochô Inoshika, a pickpocket and gambler who gets into a heap of trouble when she meets the three villains responsible for her father's death. After providing refuge for an anarchist on the lam, Inoshika gets on the wrong side of some Yakuza baddies who want her dead, and she is forced to fight for her life. Meanwhile, a beautiful European spy (Christina Lindberg, THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE) sets about implementing the evil plot of her diplomat boss. A milestone of pop culture madness that influenced Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL series, legendary director Norifumi Suzuki's (FEMALE YAKUZA TALE: INQUISITION & TORTURE) bloodbath is beautifully photographed in a number of stunning locations

Female Yakuza Tale : Inquisition & Torture

Synopsis:

aka: The Pinky Violence Collection - Female Yakuza Tale: Inquisition & Torture; Yasagure anego den: sôkatsu rinchi

In Meiji-era Tokyo there are no rules, and Ocho (Reiko Ike) is back, reprising her role from notorious cult director Teruo Ishii's SEX AND FURY. Ocho is a dangerous fighter, gambler, and thief whose clothing is often in danger of falling off, and this film is equal to its predecessor in the sheer volume of its blood, sex, and mayhem. When Ocho is kidnapped by a drug trafficking ring, she plans a dangerous escape, and aided by a mysterious loner (Ryohei Uchida), she investigates the gang's activities. They are engaged in smuggling heroin into the country by using as mules women forced into prostitution. Inevitably, Ocho must face off with the brutal Yakuzas and their equally deadly, beautiful swordswomen. A clear reference point for Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL series, this anarchistic filmmaking foray represents the apex of the director's 50-year career, during which he produced such gems as HORROR OF MALFORMED MEN and BLIND BEAST VS. KILLER DWARF.

Guest Invincible Armour

You need to see this film , I got the DVD a few days ago

It features a lot of hate from the main character

and a strong story narative and character devlopment

plus highlevel Katana work from the femme fatle her self...

strong visuals make this an all round classic..

Bye

IA

Guest kungfusamurai

I just got this in the mail. I didn't sit through it and watch it, but scanned some of the fight scenes. They are alright. The choreography isn't spectacular, but I'd say it's on par with films of the late 60's and early 70's. The fight scene earlier in the movie is partially only shown from the legs down (the one where she's totally naked and running through the snow), but I think that was done more for artistic effect rather than hiding the actress's bad skills.

I will definitely sit down and watch this flick. I think its worth getting for fans of Japanese yakuza/action films.

KFS

Guest Yakuza954

Leave it to a martial arts fan to focus on the action sequeunces in a non-action movie! lol

anyway, I have this somewhere in my avi collection and i'll try to watch it after all the good reviews.

Well, it looks like Panik House is totaly letting this one go. I wrote to them and they won't write back. I missed ordering a copy, and now regret not.

Oh well....

What's you worst "out of print" story?

Well, it looks like Panik House is totaly letting this one go. I wrote to them and they won't write back. I missed ordering a copy, and now regret not.

Oh well....

What's you worst "out of print" story?

Well depending on where you live and if you have a multiregion DVD player you can always get the R2 UK release:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1032604/Sex-And-Fury/Product.html

Great movie too! :cool:

Well depending on where you live and if you have a multiregion DVD player you can always get the R2 UK release:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1032604/Sex-And-Fury/Product.html

Great movie too! :cool:

No I don't...

It's sad. I hate the way they've done this to use. There is no hack for my DVD-R either. I can watch them on my Computer, just not on my large screen LCD.

Hey there KFC-Community,

I'm currently looking for a good release of the Sex and Fury movie from 1974 by Noribumi Suzuki. Perhaps the two most interesting ones are the UK-DVD by Fabulous and the American one by Panik House Entertaiment. Which one should I look for or are they basically the same release?

Also I looked through amazon.com and found the following:

Sex and Fury - amazon.com #1

Sex and Fury - amazon.com #2

Are these the same DVDs? Both are apparently by Panik House Entertaiment but different covers :squigglemouth:

Thanks for you help

Regards,

Cheng li

• Administrator

I'm not sure if those are the same release or not, but it would make sense as the original release from Panik had a unique cover. It was a clear cover that had the art printed on it and slipped over the actual DVD case. So if they reissued it I wouldn't be surprised if it had a standard cover the second time. Just a guess though.

The "white cover" is the one I have with that fancy cover. The print and subs on this edition looked great to me. I don't have the Fabulous release, so I can't compare for you.

The white one is the original Panik House cover. After Panik House went bust, Synapse acquired their catalogue and re-released some of their titles. That's the yellow cover one. Should be otherwise identical.

The UK disc should be a pretty good, but slightly inferior alternative:

http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/id/64937/sex-and-fury.html

Archived