Anyone ever see STRIKE OF THUNDERKICK TIGER?

ThunderScore

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm pretty sure I've seen the box on the shelf at either Movies Unlimited or Video Boutique back in the day. Sadly both stores are long gone and I never rented it.

Is it any good? What's the story behind this one?

ThunderScore

It's memorable for me because of the over the top performance of Casanova Wong, who plays the main bad guy dressed in (IIRC) a black leotard with a scarf around his neck who occasionally kisses his henchmen. Probably not one of Ka Sa Fa's favorite roles...

• Administrator
It's memorable for me because of the over the top performance of Casanova Wong, who plays the main bad guy dressed in (IIRC) a black leotard with a scarf around his neck who occasionally kisses his henchmen. Probably not one of Ka Sa Fa's favorite roles...

Say what?! :smile: LOL Okay... Is it a South Korean flick? Does Casanova have good action in it (in between the smooches)?

Ive never seen this film, only a few clips used in the Top Fighter documentary. This was released in the U.K by the long defunct Hong Kong Connection (IVL) budget label.

One Armed Boxer
Ive never seen this film, only a few clips used in the Top Fighter documentary. This was released in the U.K by the long defunct Hong Kong Connection (IVL) budget label.

Thanks for the heads up DragonClaws! I just picked up a new sealed copy of this from amazon for £0.10! If that's the price to watch Casanova Wong in a leotard, then so be it.

No problem, the HK Connection titles are all sourced from old VHS releases, mainly from the old VPD catalogue. From what clips Ive watched its worth 10p. Ive seen this title a lot in Charity shops but never picked it up. I'm running out of storage space so had to dispose of a few titles and cut back on buying films.

• Administrator
49f361f14e7a756d2c14eeb0a14e7a11497ee562.jpg

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing man. Casanova looks crazy in that scarf.

Because of you starting this thread I picked up a copy :nerd:, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

BiggWill1988

I read several times online that in the Korean Version of Strike of The Thunderkick Tiger Dragon Lee makes a cameo. Ive only seen the English dubbed version and can not spot Dragon Lee in it. If anyone has any info or links, please post them. I like finding rare Dragon Lee appearances, he is my favorite Bruce Lee Clone

BiggWill1988

Yea, i dont even own the movie, i only watched it on youtube, off of that link. if Dragon Lee is in that one let me know at what part, i couldnt spot him when i was wathcing it tho

Archived