RIP Chang Il-Do (Chang Yi Tao/Bruce Lai)

AlbertV

Toby Russell just posted on his Facebook page an hour ago...Chang Il-Do, Korean martial artist who appeared as a Bruce Lee-alike but was seen in many films in Hong Kong (one of my favorite films with him was Return to the 36th Chamber...he played the second Manchu villain with Kwon Young-Moon) has passed away.

R.I.P. Chang Il-Do

Returntothe36thChamber+1980-37-b.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Rip Chang Il-Do.

Yes I remember him in so many movies . Mostly a bad guy if I recall correctly.

GD Y-Y

Secret Executioner

Bruce Lai AKA Philip Cheung, right ? If so, he can be seen in a couple of Shaws (Five Elements Ninjas and Return To The 36th Chamber), some Bruceploitations (including Enter Three Dragons and Clones Of Bruce Lee - both also starring Dragon Lee), as well as in The Super Ninja (starring Alexander Lo Rei). Nice resume if you ask me.

I've only watched him in Young Taoism Fighter. His bootwork was reasonable enough and the final fight is one of the loopiest things ever put on screen.

I've always enjoyed his work in such things as THE BLAZING NINJA, BLOOD OF DRAGON PERIL and of course ENTER THREE DRAGONS...

7973653844777cb32f66e9f1a342799becb97ec8.jpg

Is there any info anywhere about what the cause of death was?

When Pops and Jim Kelly died there was a posting about one having leukemia and the other (Mr Kelly) dying of cancer I think it was.

I would appreciate any clarity with respect to Chang Yi Tao.

Secret Executioner

Didn't remember he had passed away last year (even though I posted in this thread), so seeing the thread bumped up I thought he had passed away this last couple of days... Which would have seemed really awkward to me, as I wore my 36 Styles Clones Of Bruce Lee shirt this week. :squigglemouth:

Archived