Brazilian Planet of the Apes (1976)

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Was watching so Cinema Snob reviews on youtube (great stuff: Godfrey Ho Ninja flicks, old school horror like Friday The 13th Part III...) and found a review of some insane Brazilian movie (very loosely) based on the Planet Of The Apes franchise (original title: O Trapalhão no Planalto dos Macacos). I haven't actually seen that film but from what I got watching the review, it's some crazy stuff by Brazilian comedians known as Os Trapalhãos (who also spoofed Star Wars in 1978 and The Wizard Of Oz in 1984) that opens with a chase scene before the characters end up on the infamous Planet of the Apes - or rather on the Monkey plateau, since it seems what the title refers to - where they encounter a wild human female and a bunch of highly intelligent apes that use humans as an attraction and as subjects for scientific experiments (put this way, it sounds a lot like the original novel by Pierre Boulle - but it's really not).

That stuff is batshit insane, maybe even more than the already insane Bruce Lee vs. Gay Power (though since this one is to be taken seriously, I'm not sure which one is the biggest WTF moment).

Needless to say, I'd love to add this little treasure to my collection because I love the 1970s POTA franchise and bad and/or exploitation movies. :nerd:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner
it's on youtube dude but no subs unfortunately

SkW5GyutAyg

Alright, thanks man. :bigsmile:

The excerpts in the Cinema Snob review showed subs, but I'm wondering if they were genuine (as in "from an English friendly DVD release") or just custom stuff added as a joke - sure thing is, they are certainly not following what's going on (there's a reference to 2012 - a movie released over 30 years after BPOTA - and stuff that doesn't make much sense, though I wonder how much sense the original makes...).

Archived