Something that annoys me with some superhero movies

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Call me nitpicky, but there's something I find not annoying, but that really bugs me about some superhero films (more specifically the origin films, though others have that flaw): you have a big bad villain set early on with a big plan to do whatever villains want to do (take over the world, cause chaos...), BUT they will FINALLY put their plans into effect after the superhero has appeared and usually, when the hero is already defined. Example: in Batman Begins, the League waited until Bruce got all the Bat-gear to put the plan involving Scarecrow's toxin into effect while they had been in touch with Crane for ages (maybe before Bruce returned to Gotham), Crane who already had his toxin working fine - and these bozos (at least Ra's Al Ghul) KNOW Bruce is that Batman guy and they've trained him so they know he could be a tough case if they let him interfere (to be fair, they try to kill him but fail, so it kinda makes up but still)...

These coinciding timelines between the villain plans and the superhero evolution kinda bug me, it sounds like "wow, that was a close call... Good thing Batman/Superman/Iron Man or whoever was here." Yeah, you gotta be grateful those villains are so dumb too - gotta give credit to The Joker, as he used time to his advantage in TDK (I really don't like this portrayal, but at least he was clever with timing - see what happens with Rachel and Harvey Dent).

Rant's over.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived