Showdown in Manila (2015)

AlbertV

Alexander Nevsky, the Russian former bodybuilder who became an actor and producer of independent action films has announced his next project, SHOWDOWN IN MANILA (or MANILA SHOWDOWN).

ROMEO MUST DIE director Andrezj Bartrowiak is serving as a producer on the set and the director will be...(drum roll)...Mark Dacascos!. Confirmed casting includes Dacascos, Casper Van Dien, Matthias Hues, Cynthia Rothrock, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Monsour del Rosario, and Don "The Dragon" Wilson.

The film is scheduled to begin shooting in February.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Monsour del Rosario in some HK films shot in PI?

Given the shooting location, I think Dacascos should hook up with PI's primary action film vet Robin Padilla and throw in fellow Fil-Am Ernie Reyes Jr in the mix.

I don't know...I've just been hearing the news through Nevsky's Twitter and Facebook of some of the actors who have been casted.

I'm guessing Nevsky may be serving as a producer or exec producer...not sure, but I'm quite excited about this project :)

One Armed Boxer
Was Monsour del Rosario in some HK films shot in PI?

Yeah he was in quite a few of Philip Ko's Filipino cheapies - 'Lethal Panther 2', 'Fatal Chase', and 'Techno Warriors' - as well as the Yuen Biao flick 'Tough Beauty and the Sloppy Slop' (my personal favorite HK movie title ever).

Monsour also appeared in Bloodfist II as Taekwondo champion Tobo Castanera and had a fight scene with Akshay Kumar in the Bollywood film Aan: Men at Work

Alexander Nevsky has posted on his Twitter that James Lew and Tia Carrere have signed on to join the cast.

Showdown-in-Manila.jpg?w=700

Mark Dacascos posted on his FB page that shooting has been completed on Showdown in Manila.

Cast:

Alexander Nevsky, Mark Dacascos, Casper Van Dien, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Cynthia Rothrock, Olivier Gruner, Matthias Hues, Tia Carrere, Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa, Iza Calzado, and Monsour del Rosario.

Producer: Alexander Nevsky

Director: Mark Dacascos

Fight Choreographers: Al Dacascos and Sonny Sison

Nevsky is a laughing stock in Russia, subject to countless jokes and a synonym of trash movies. He keeps making terrible C-movies(they're not good enough to be called B-movies) that nobody wants to see. His latest crapfest "Black Rose"cost $7million to make and made like, $700.000 at the box office

He hasn't made a single halfway decent movie in his whole life. Dacascos never directed a movie to be judged as a director. So, I see little potential in this project.

Sounds more like a money laundering scheme of some kind

showdown-team.jpg

Video footage from the film’s press event, which features interviews with Iza Calzado, Cynthia Rothrock, Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa and Casper Van Dien and more.

RIZby2CAWTs

qqUxa0ACTG8

ITN Distribution has picked up the film with a limited theatrical release date set for January 19, 2018 followed by a VOD/Digital HD release date of January 23.

One Armed Boxer

The cinematic equivalent of a migraine. I have no idea how this movie ever got made, let alone why I put myself through it. Check out my review below -

http://cityonfire.com/showdown-in-manila-2016-review-alexander-nevsky-andrzej-bartkowiak-casper-van-dien-matthias-hues-don-the-dragon-wilson-cynthia-rothrock-olivier-gruner-mark-dacascos/

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The cinematic equivalent of a migraine. I have no idea how this movie ever got made, let alone why I put myself through it. Check out my review below -

http://cityonfire.com/showdown-in-manila-2016-review-alexander-nevsky-andrzej-bartkowiak-casper-van-dien-matthias-hues-don-the-dragon-wilson-cynthia-rothrock-olivier-gruner-mark-dacascos/

That line should have been in your review, which is excellent. Hate seeing these 80's/90's MA stars turning up in garbage like this. But unfortunately, they seem completely passed over by the industry now. I mean come on. Can I not get a decent screen fight between Dacascos and Adkins before I die?

Archived