Ninja Champion (aka Poisonous Rose Stripping the Night) (1986)

Secret Executioner

Ninja Champion was actually much better, and had they released the original Korean film, it would have been ten times better. Jaguar Wong looks funny with a stache, but he still has some decent fight scenes, mostly crisp handwork, but his kicks are still there. But it was Seo Eun-Hye who wowed me...while she doesn't fight really, just her character is just outstanding.

I saw it under one source as POISONOUS ROSE AT NIGHT and the title at KMDB is POISONOUS ROSE STRIPPING AT NIGHT

http://file.koreafilm.or.kr/still/copy/00/13/09/DSKB000927_01.jpg

One Armed Boxer
I saw it under one source as POISONOUS ROSE AT NIGHT and the title at KMDB is POISONOUS ROSE STRIPPING AT NIGHT

DSKB000927_01.jpg

Hey Albert, I'm a huge Korean move fan, so would love to see the original version. However your review left me a little confused as to weather you've seen it or not. In this sentence you state as a fact that the original Korean movie 'The Poisonous Rose at Night' is a good movie on its own -

The original film, THE POISONOUS ROSE AT NIGHT, is actually good as its own film. The film stars actress Seo Eun-Hye as a woman who goes after her attackers after she is raped.

But here you say it only looks like it could be a good movie on its own, which differs from the certainty of your previous sentence -

The original Korean film, THE POISONOUS ROSE AT NIGHT, looks like it could have been done well as its own.

So have you actually seen it, & if so in what format?

So have you actually seen it, & if so in what format?

While I haven't seen the original film in its entirety, I was saying it would have been more ideal that Ho and Lai should have just released the original film instead of adding the Bruce Baron filler. The Korean film took up most of the running time with the Ninja filler only taking maybe 10 minutes at most. I felt I was watching the Korean film more than I was watching an IFD Ninja film.

Like you OAB, I would love to see this original film in its entirety. But I did see the NInja Champion edition as part of the 100 Greatest Martial Arts Classic box set (which was on the Martial Arts film set)

One Armed Boxer
While I haven't seen the original film in its entirety, I was saying it would have been more ideal that Ho and Lai should have just released the original film instead of adding the Bruce Baron filler. The Korean film took up most of the running time with the Ninja filler only taking maybe 10 minutes at most. I felt I was watching the Korean film more than I was watching an IFD Ninja film.

Ok I understand. Sounds like a case of 'Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave' all over again, just exchange the word 'ninja' with 'weird grave scene'!

Morgoth Bauglir

After reading your last post Albert I just realized I have this in the 50 pack. So I'm gonna watch it:smile:

Morgoth Bauglir

Ninja Champion was ok. I think I'd go with 2 stars like Albert. Jack Lam gets to show off those famous Jaguar skills, and there's a Garfield phone cameo. My favorite part was when one of the rapists allows the lead actress to put on makeup before she dies, and he says something like, "don't do too good of a job, otherwise I might have to rape you again." :crossedlips:

My favorite part was when one of the rapists allows the lead actress to put on makeup before she dies, and he says something like, "don't do too good of a job, otherwise I might have to rape you again." :crossedlips:

hahaah I might have to rewatch this soon!

Secret Executioner
Ninja Champion was ok. I think I'd go with 2 stars like Albert. Jack Lam gets to show off those famous Jaguar skills, and there's a Garfield phone cameo. My favorite part was when one of the rapists allows the lead actress to put on makeup before she dies, and he says something like, "don't do too good of a job, otherwise I might have to rape you again." :crossedlips:

Talk about inconsistency in the rapists' memory. One needed her to tell him about the rape, the other knew it so well he HAD to bring it up. :tongue: