Blazin' (2001)

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

Just wondering if anybody has seen this and if there's anything good about it. masterofoneinchpunch I'm sure you've watched it by now. I was looking at the cast on imdb, where there are no reviews, and a few of the cast members caught my eye. Bobby Samuels, Ron Van Clief, Vincent Lyn as Lead Assassin and Steve Tartalia and Roberto Lopez who starred together in Trinity Goes East.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I was always leery of taking a chance on this. I'm curious to know myself if anyone's seen it and their thoughts.

Morgoth Bauglir

Shaolindude I count on you to tell me how bad all of these newer movies are. Go get the DVD and tell me how it is. I'm sure it's good. It also stars Cyre, and Willi One Blood

Morgoth Bauglir

There it is. Who's gonna watch it? I would, but I don't know if I can click the button. I scratched my finger today and it really stings. Honest.

ShaOW!linDude
Shaolindude I count on you to tell me how bad all of these newer movies are. Go get the DVD and tell me how it is. I'm sure it's good. It also stars Cyre, and Willi One Blood

Dude, sorry but I'm out. I heard from a reliable source (one that I trust very much) that this ain't good.:tinysmile_angry2_t: Hope that helps your decision, but I've wasted 90 mins of my life so many times, I'm trying to spare myself all I can.:wink:

Morgoth Bauglir

I am actually thinking of getting it, so I'll let you know if I do. It could be horribly awesome. I did find some reviews on Amazon. A lot of them go something like this-

*/***** This DVD was horrible!!!

I thought Fat Joe was going to make this a master peice but was I wrong. This is a low budget DVD that I was upset I purchased.

Guys...I have a review of it on Kung Fu Cinema...it's a mixed bag:

The Good

The love story between Michael Wehrhahn and Sascha Knopf is the driving force of the story, mixed in with a bounty hunter and Fat Joe and his crew being double crossed.

The martial arts action is that of Hong Kong-style thanks to Marcos Miranda and Roberto Lopez (who was in Trinity Goes East and Once Upon a Time in China and America). Wehrhahn definitely showcases some action in the finale.

Bobby Samuels as a villain was great as well.

The cameo from "The Black Dragon" Ron Van Clief (even though he doesn't fight in the film)

The Bad

Paula Roth, who plays Sascha Knopf's gangster mom, totally overacts in this.

Some of the dialogue is utterly ridiculous.

Angie Martinez looks bad when she is shooting away (even though she is pretty hot in red leather).

Fat Joe's overreaction to someone in his gang getting killed.

Morgoth Bauglir

Nice one Albert. Just what I'm looking for. It's surprising that Fat Joe couldn't make this a masterpiece.

Archived