Writing Kung Fu (1979)

SamSeed

respect to bey logan for mentioned this movie, this is not your ordinary kung fu movie, as the star of the movie is a school teacher, and bolo is not very nice in this either but he takes his non looking style of fighting to another level, plus the soundtrack is great as well.

• Like 1

Bolo plays his most evil character in this one. If you are a fan of his work you must see it. Just don't expect lots of action, as rdenn said this is not your ordinary Kung Fu flick.

Morgoth Bauglir

Funny Bolo only directed 2 movies and they are complete opposites of eachother. Writing Kung Fu is really good. I wasn't a big fan when I first saw it but it's grown on me a lot. I plan on doing a review at some point with a comparison on what is cut out of the widescreen Groundzero version.

Rdenn did you ever find out where the music comes from?

• Like 1

thankyouforfu
I was reading this interview with Bey Logan...

And he mentions Writing Kung Fu as being in his top ten kung fu films. I'll be honest I'd never heard of it, is it any good? I saw it is directed by Bolo Yeung which sounds interesting.

Hmmm...

Not much originality in his top kung fu films list...

• Fist of Fury
  • The Prodigal Son
  • Magnificent Butcher
  • Drunken Master
  • Ip Man
  • 36th Chamber of Shaolin
  • Iron Monkey
  • Fist of Legend
  • Writing Kung-fu (with Bolo Yeung)

• Like 1

Funny Bolo only directed 2 movies and they are complete opposites of eachother. Writing Kung Fu is really good. I wasn't a big fan when I first saw it but it's grown on me a lot. I plan on doing a review at some point with a comparison on what is cut out of the widescreen Groundzero version.

Rdenn did you ever find out where the music comes from?

The version I watched had been posted on Youtube and it looked cut in places. I don't mean cut to any violence just the narrative/dialogue.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah there's a wide version that runs about 78 minutes. I also have the Videoasia version which is badly full screen but it's longer.

• Like 1

Yeah there's a wide version that runs about 78 minutes. I also have the Videoasia version which is badly full screen but it's longer.

Thanks Morgoth Bauglir, the U.K version released on the Vengeance Video label runs 77mins approx.

TibetanWhiteCrane
6 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Has anyone heard Bey Logan's commentary for this film?

Yes.

TibetanWhiteCrane
10 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Did it actually provide behind the scenes info or just his usual biography/filmography rundowns?

Don't recall. But I wasn't impressed, plus one of his sons sits in on it... which does not help.