Why Jackie is the best (video)

inframan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this video. I actually saw it yesterday and it's an excellent analysis on JC's action style. It brought up a few things that I probably wouldn't have noticed. This video very clearly shows why people love JC. I also liked this guy's video about Visual Comedy:

3FOzD4Sfgag

Overall great video and one of the most interesting videos about JC (it's a video that I wish I made), and it's also great because it helped me find the theme song to Fantasy Mission Force by David Tao:

dv3L3guSe38

OpiumKungFuCracker

in 40 years there hasn't been a decent action comedy outside of Jackie Chan? I find that freaking insane but then it got me thinking about the movies in my own country, Merica! Lethal Weapon series/Back II The Future series/Comic book movies are what I think to be considered as action comedy. As I live in the states, and I do prefer action comedy to straight action because I find that the quality of films are better in action comedy, comic book movies fill that void for me. Transformers series is considered action comedy. So yeah I prefer action comedy because I want to be entertained and not be bored to sleep, (see Intersteller so boring!!!!). But Jackie Chan's brand of action comedy is in a different class of its own. Are we going to get another type of Jackie Chan brand of action outside of comic book movies? Only time will tell. But for now, go Jackie Chan go Jackie Chan ohhhahhhahhhah!

I may get flamed for this, but the Worlds End was a good action/comedy.

The Jackie video is great, and Jackie is the shit. There were actually some pretty cool scenes from more recent movies that I have ignored, may have to check some of them out.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I may get flamed for this, but the Worlds End was a good action/comedy.

The Jackie video is great, and Jackie is the shit. There were actually some pretty cool scenes from more recent movies that I have ignored, may have to check some of them out.

The World's end was incredible.

The Worlds End featured some nice nods to HK choreography, which I didn't expect when I first watched it. I'm not even sure who staged those fights scenes for them?.

OpiumKungFuCracker
The Worlds End featured some nice nods to HK choreography, which I didn't expect when I first watched it. I'm not even sure who staged those fights scenes for them?.

I heard it was one of Jackie Chan's stunt team and none other than the legend himself:

JhdqhRVN4ts

Wow, just looked it up. Bradley Allan, was part of Jackies stunt team at some point in time. Now it's ironic I mentioned that movie in this thread, lol.

Great stuff!

There should be similar videos detailing styles of other action directing luminaries. Like Sammo Hung, Lau Kar-Leung, Yuen Woo-Ping, Corey Yuen Kwai, Donnie Yen etc

I love The World's End. Also if you haven't seen Spaced go and watch it. Seriously. It's just heaven, especially with all the references and jokes about pop culture.

Incidentally that Jackie video is brilliant, it should be shown on film courses (in fact, who needs a flm course, I think I learned more from the video!) :)

I heard it was one of Jackie Chan's stunt team and none other than the legend himself:

JhdqhRVN4ts

Thanks OpiumKungFuCracker, I didn't know Bradley Allan had any involvement in the film. The last time I saw him on-screen was in the Jackie Chan vehicle Gorgeous (International version).

I recognised him during the market fight in Shanghai Knights and in Chinese Zodiac I think. It's about time he got his own film!

Archived