Kung Fu Brothers in the Wild West (1973)

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

Does anyone know if this is on DVD? I thought I saw it at the store in a multipack years ago but I'm not sure. I read that William Berger is involved in the final fight. All I need to see is Berger's name and I'm in, but Berger in a kung fu type choreographed fight scene? I wouldn't be surprised if he busted out a couple nice looking moves. I'm expecting the worst but I have to see this movie. And according to hkmdb Zhang Fei is in the cast. But no Liu Bei.

Morgoth Bauglir

You got me pumped now. I didn't know there was a dragon. William Berger vs. a dragon. This should be good.

I was responding to a post that is now gone:squigglemouth:

masterofoneinchpunch
You got me pumped now. I didn't know there was a dragon. William Berger vs. a dragon. This should be good.

I was responding to a post that is now gone:squigglemouth:

I thought you were talking to yourself at first.

FILMAF.com lists it under Grindhouse Experience, Vol. 2 (Videoasia) under the Master Killers title. This might be a mistake though (given Videoasia or given filmaf.)

There is another cover posted in the beginning of the YT review posted.

Its not on Google Images.

GD Y-Y

Looks like the Greek VHS cover. There's an exceptional Italian poster in English:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/English-Text-1sht-Karate-KUNG-FU-BROTHERS-IN-WILD-WEST-Italian-movie-poster-70s-/351223317838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c68a854e

I have this on my To-Buy list from my favorite Brazilian distributor of Western movies. I should be purchasing it early next year.

Morgoth Bauglir

After seeing that Italian poster I have to see this right away. My friend has something where you can watch youtube on his tv so I'm headed over there to watch it!

Morgoth Bauglir

I must have read the posts too fast. The youtube link does not have the movie. Thunderscore I will be contacting you when I can! I was so psyched to watch a new WIlliam Berger movie tonight! Dammit!!!

Morgoth Bauglir

Kung Fu Brothers in the Wild West is a cheaply made kung fu/western. Not nearly as good as Shanghai Joe, and I'm not a big fan of Shanghai Joe. The kung fu fights are pretty good. The final fight between Pai Paio and Kao Kang has it's moments, but it goes on for about 10 minutes too long. And that's the problem with this movie. When a flaw occurs, it turns into a disaster. I'm glad I saw it, but there's nothing to recommend. The only positive thing I can think of is that it's not quite as bad as the John Liu kung fu/western Dragon Blood.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir said:
Kung Fu Brothers in the Wild West is a cheaply made kung fu/western. Not nearly as good as Shanghai Joe, and I'm not a big fan of Shanghai Joe. The kung fu fights are pretty good. The final fight between Pai Paio and Kao Kang has it's moments, but it goes on for about 10 minutes too long. And that's the problem with this movie. When a flaw occurs, it turns into a disaster. I'm glad I saw it, but there's nothing to recommend. The only positive thing I can think of is that it's not quite as bad as the John Liu kung fu/western Dragon Blood.

I'll have to rethink purchasing this one...or will I? Thanks for the review!

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Luckily I had plenty of warnings before I watched it. All 10 reviews I read said it was horrible. I think I may actually like it better than most people. I'm trying my best to compliment this movie but damn it's hard. The fight choreography is better than Shanghai Joe. But I still can't think of anything good to say. My favorite spaghetti western actor William Berger is severely underused as the main villain. His death scene is kinda cool. But he doesn't get a full death scene. He gets kicked out of frame and Pai Paio moves onto Kao Kang. This movie is just a big disappointment. Yet, I didn't completely hate it. Just 99% of it.

• Like 1

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Never saw this outing.

kung-fu-brothers.jpg

Kung_Fu_Brothers_in_the.jpg

KungFuBrothersintheWildWest+1973-47-b.jpg

KungFuBrothersintheWildWest+1973-1-t.jpg

Director

Yeung Man-Yi

Script

Ni Kuang

Action Directors