Jurassic World (2015)

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Just read the first trailer for this one would come out during the Thanksgiving football game.

Here's the first teaser:

bvu-zlR5A8Q

From what I heard, it seems to pick up 20+ years after the events of Jurassic Park III and it would see the original Jurassic Park re-open under the name Jurassic World.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm sorry but if it's just plain old dinosaurs and no atomic breathing fire coming out they mouths, I'll pass. I've already seen the movie when it was called, Jurassic Park and that was awesome. 2014 and the CGI looked worse than that film that came out in 93? Spielberg is a genius and haven't you guys learn your lesson from the shitty sequels?

I'm sorry but if it's just plain old dinosaurs and no atomic breathing fire coming out they mouths, I'll pass. I've already seen the movie when it was called, Jurassic Park and that was awesome. 2014 and the CGI looked worse than that film that came out in 93? Spielberg is a genius and haven't you guys learn your lesson from the shitty sequels?

But Jurassic 3 was good, man!

OpiumKungFuCracker
But Jurassic 3 was good, man!

I don't remember much of it. I don't know man, I prefer my monsters to smash up buildings and wreak havoc on a major metropolis city. Maybe I'm taking too much out of so little in the trailer. Okay, I'll watch it.

Secret Executioner
Full trailer...

RFinNxS5KN4

It sounded good (the park looks great, there are both old classics and new dinosaurs), until the idea of a hybrid dinosaur was brought up... :cry:

Please, the evil scientist that goes to far with an experiment gone wrong (please, a female lab-created monster that runs aways was the whole point of Species in 1995...) or a human/reptile hybrid (The Lizard in Spider-Man, Killer Croc in Batman (though he only looks more or less reptilian depending on the writers, he actually has a skin condition), hell, even it was the point of the alternate universe in the Super Mario movie (humans evolving from dinosaurs instead of apes)) have been seen before, not to say - yeah, sorry for spoiling that but the rumor has been going on for ages. At least we don't see that thing so far - but they shouldn't have used the Mosasaurus part, as it's a new dinosaur (not really a dinosaur technically, but an aquatic reptile from the Cretaceous period) and it was a cool scene (though it seems trailers show the best parts of the movie nowadays).

Most ridiculous line of the trailer: "if something chases you, run". Yeah, cause a flesh-eating dinosaur like a raptor (which have been Deinonychus and not Velociraptor - Velociraptor didn't live in America they have been found in Mongolia, and they were smaller than that) or a T-Rex is very easy to outrun for a human being... We'll assume she was joking, but still...

2014 and the CGI looked worse than that film that came out in 93?

Agreed on all accounts.

2014 and the CGI looked worse than that film that came out in 93?

Agreed on all accounts.

I can't say I remember exactly what the original looked like, but my first reaction to this trailer was "wow, that's some shitty CGI". :cry:

ok, actually that was my second reaction. The first one was "argh" when hearing "if something chases you, run" :cry:

Most filmmakers still don't seem to understand that you just can't fill every scene with CGI and still have it look good (some would argue you can't fill any scene with CGI and have it look good). You gotta cut down the number of CGI scenes and put all the effort into a small number of effects and you may succeed (and you should probably still base it on some kind of motion capture). There are very few exeptions to this rule.

Strangely enough, these crappy CGI spectacles are popular among audiences. I wonder if the younger audiences have been playing so much video games that they don't know what reality look like anymore :xd:

I remember watching The Original and Lost World in cinemas.

At that time I had a real obsession with Dinosaurs... Which included monthly trips to the museum, collecting figures, books and so on!

Looking at this trailer it seems like nothing new or interesting to me. Experiment gone wrong, run for your life... Seen that already too many times, haven't we.

I also keep wondering why Spielberg among others keep coming up with these sequels to classic franchises (Besides the obvious money factor). Only hope I can have for this Return to the Jurassic Park it doesn't turn out like Indy's last Adventure...

I will save you from the South Park clip BUT we all know what happened. Although I do wonder how Spielberg would end up taking on one of those Velociraptors :15_002:

Secret Executioner

At least Spielberg isn't altering his old films to make them look more modern like others do **cough**Star Wars**cough**

Saw the first JP on VHS and the other 2 at the theater - I didn't go see the recent 3-D re-release of the original, but I may well go see the new one out of curiosity.

One Armed Boxer
I've already seen the movie when it was called, Jurassic Park and that was awesome. 2014 and the CGI looked worse than that film that came out in 93?

Agreed, this looks like The Asylum version of the original, complete with crappy CGI & a B-movie plot that would make Roger Corman proud. Still, I guess we should be thankful it isn't a reboot right!?

At least Spielberg isn't altering his old films to make them look more modern like others do **cough**Star Wars**cough**

Never seen the 20th Anniversary edition of 'E.T the Extra Terrestrial' I take it?

Never seen the 20th Anniversary edition of 'E.T the Extra Terrestrial' I take it?

Is this the one where they decided to replace the guns :tongue:

Secret Executioner
Agreed, this looks like The Asylum version of the original, complete with crappy CGI & a B-movie plot that would make Roger Corman proud. Still, I guess we should be thankful it isn't a reboot right!?

And I bet the hybrid plot won't be as enjoyable as Sharktopus. :tongue:

U87zVkIXNI0

Maybe the follow-up movie will be Raptornado - a city gets hit by a tornado filled with Velociraptors. :tongue:

Haven't seen that film, and I didn't know it was altered for a later release.

Secret Executioner

New trailer available:

aJJrkyHas78

New stuff we discover:

- raptors can be trained just like lions (and used as tracing dogs too)

- the safety will be as dreadful as in the original, the protections break like glass (the windows and bubbles must be basic glass actually...)

- the scientists should get a Nobel - not only did they create a new and smarter dinosaur, but the thing is (as seen in previous teasers) not only a theropod, but I-Rex (not sure what the I stands for, but that's her name - since she's a black widow too) seems to be also bigger than a T-Rex... The thing can kill a bunch of sauropods without breaking a sweat apparently, and they are trying to figure out how to destroy it by sending the trained raptors after it...

OMG is this movie going to be DUMB...

HyperDrive

They ripped off some dino franchises in this movie.....

Training raptors sounds like Dinotopia for starters. I wonder if the commando scenes will rip off Dino Crisis or Turok. Then again modified dinosaurs is a part of Turok as well although they were cyborgs. This I-Rex (Indominus Rex?) seems like the sharks from Deep Blue Sea. It also looks like it can order other dinos to launch assaults on people ie Caesar in the Planet of the Apes reboot.

However, the action maybe interrupted by the Mososaurus chomping on something random every five minutes or so. Maybe just maybe that's how this I-Rex thing dies. Just a CHOMP!

This might be the Oedipus Rex of the JP franchise.

Secret Executioner
They ripped off some dino franchises in this movie.....

Training raptors sounds like Dinotopia for starters. I wonder if the commando scenes will rip off Dino Crisis or Turok. Then again modified dinosaurs is a part of Turok as well although they were cyborgs. This I-Rex (Indominus Rex?) seems like the sharks from Deep Blue Sea. It also looks like it can order other dinos to launch assaults on people ie Caesar in the Planet of the Apes reboot.

However, the action maybe interrupted by the Mososaurus chomping on something random every five minutes or so. Maybe just maybe that's how this I-Rex thing dies. Just a CHOMP!

This might be the Oedipus Rex of the JP franchise.

Yeah, I think it's Indominus Rex. And I think I heard of shark movies with altered agressive sharks, maybe that's the one you're referring to.

Agreed on the Mosasaurus, it looks incredibly huge and able to destroy anything (except for the vat it's in) - would be nice to have a sea reptile as the big star (as opposed to the usual raptors and T-Rex stuff), hopefully they'll clear the fact a Mosasaurus and the pterosauridae are NOT dinosaurs.

paimeifist
New trailer available:

aJJrkyHas78

New stuff we discover:

- raptors can be trained just like lions (and used as tracing dogs too)

- the safety will be as dreadful as in the original, the protections break like glass (the windows and bubbles must be basic glass actually...)

- the scientists should get a Nobel - not only did they create a new and smarter dinosaur, but the thing is (as seen in previous teasers) not only a theropod, but I-Rex (not sure what the I stands for, but that's her name - since she's a black widow too) seems to be also bigger than a T-Rex... The thing can kill a bunch of sauropods without breaking a sweat apparently, and they are trying to figure out how to destroy it by sending the trained raptors after it...

OMG is this movie going to be DUMB...

Yeah, it isn't going to be based on something written by Crichton, but who said movies had to be smart.. I am sure it won't be any more dumb than an Avengers movie, where god Loki rides in the back of a pick up truck. :yociexpress06:

I have always wanted to use one of these monkeys, haha.

Secret Executioner

But I'm pretty sure a Garfield phone and the supreme power of the Golden Ninja Warrior could help defeat that dinosaur. :xd:

paimeifist

I full heartedly agree. Isn't it great how everything comes back to Ninja Terminator?

I saw it tonight. It is stupidly awesome. Dinosaur communicating with each other, and humans.. The average heroic slo-mo scene featuring ----- not Chris Prat, a raptor! Yeah, I loved it, but I can see how critics would tear it apart. (I have not read a single review on this movie). Chris Pratt was good in it though. It's basically a kaiju movie, lol.

Secret Executioner
I saw it tonight. It is stupidly awesome. Dinosaur communicating with each other, and humans.. The average heroic slo-mo scene featuring ----- not Chris Prat, a raptor! Yeah, I loved it, but I can see how critics would tear it apart. (I have not read a single review on this movie). Chris Pratt was good in it though. It's basically a kaiju movie, lol.

Thought it was just me, but the idea of a dinosaur causing major havoc and other dinosaurs being sent to try and defeat it kinda sounded similar to Destroy All Monsters (which I revisited recently, so I guess the movie is still very fresh in my mind). :tongue:

I haven't seen Destroy All Monsters since I was a kid. The scene I remember most was a monster at the end jumping up and down behind a cliff, for seemingly no reason. I can't remember which monster it was, it couldn't have been a major kaiju/Godzilla monster because even with it being so long ago, I'd probably remember it.

But yah, Jurassic World = kaiju cheese w/ Hollywood budget IMO, which is just beautiful to me. Lol. I liked it more than the 2014 Godzilla, which took itself seriously in comparison.

Rofl sorry for necro'ing an old post but this had me laughing for a bit. I'm sure it was one of those moment when Spielberg had too much money and too much ego that ended up with corruption instead of greatness.

Regardless I still consider Spielberg as a true artist, unlike George Lucas or Peter Jackson who like to make 1 movie every 4-5 years, then re-package that one film every year and extort as much money as possible from fans.

Archived