Undefeatable (1993) - Cynthia Rothrock

newgen2005

Morgoth Bauglir

Does anyone have the Henstooth US release? Any problems with it?

Hopefully Godfrey Ho makes a sequel one day. It would be Rothrock in college. A college buddy cop thriller. The actor who played Stringray will play Rothrock's partner/love interest.

Morgoth Bauglir

So I got the Hen's Tooth release of this hip martial arts thriller. Comes with the original trailer. Good pic and sound quality, widescreen and it runs 94:51.

"He's pretty brutal, that's why they call him the Stingray."

Just finished watching this. I liked it more than I should. I'm always suprised at how much action these people can cram into a kung fu serial killer plotline. It helps by having an illegal street fighting subplot--and this film is set in a world where everybody knows kung fu. I love how the main detective and Cynthia Rothrock visit a studio where they're teaching dragon claw, and when the master sees this, he immediately sics his students on the detective for no actual reason. Some of the fighting is pretty good, especially from Cynthia. She gets a better workout here than she does in a lot of her American movies.

The infamous "Best Fight Scene of All Time" video on Youtube is now up to 11.5 million views. Impressive.

(I'll post the link to the "Worst Fight Scene Ever" video, which doesn't require age confirmation)

• Like 3

Glad to see that John Miller and Don Niam are still doing and now teaching martial arts. Miller is a 9th generation Hung Fut Kung Fu teacher at his sifu's school in Maryland while Niam teaches both martial arts and is a physical trainer in Las Vegas. 

https://taiyimkungfu.com/hung-fut-lineage-history/ (John Miller)

https://irontrainer.co/personal-trainer-martial-artist-bio/ (Don Niam)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Don Niam are still doing and now teaching martial arts.

Didn't Don Niam start learning the martial arts specifically for this film?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Didn't Don Niam start learning the martial arts specifically for this film?

He started kung fu at the age of 19, but after his teacher passed away, he met and began training with Grandmaster Tai Yim. It is mentioned in the link I put in the previous post. He also has a background in wrestling. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Some of the fighting is pretty good, especially from Cynthia. She gets a better workout here than she does in a lot of her American movies.

As she should since the choreographer was a HK guy.

• Like 2

bloody mary killer is a guilty pleasure. could have used some undercrank. but worst fight scene ever?? angel the kickboxer is pretty close to this in terms of quality

• Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, Cognoscente said:

As she should since the choreographer was a HK guy.

Yeah, it's Douglas Kung. He worked with her on City Cops. He also did Princess MadamKing Boxer (2000), and Wushu: The Young Generation. He also directed Chinese Heroes and The Undiscovered Tomb, both of which were produced by Yuen Woo-Ping's film company.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3