Incredible Kung Fu Mission Custom DVD Trailer

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Hey KFC, sorry for my late update on this project. I'd promised it would be finished by Friday but I've been very busy with other stuff. Here is a new trailer for my custom DVD of the very underappreciated Taiwanese kung fu classic, Incredible Kung Fu Mission.

B233e5Sm

Enjoy!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber
What picture source is it taken from? Will it be much different to the french dvd?

Cheers.

It's the British Soulblade DVD converted to Anamorphic Widescreen. Not sure how much different it is. It is a litte bit soft and grainy but the colours are quite good, especially considering the storage of Taiwanese films of this era. Is the French DVD Better?

TheKungFuRobber
Tell me more about the amazing music in this, please?

The soundtrack in the film is inspired by the soundtrack to Macenna's Gold. It has several modified cues too. I think that it fits the film perfectly.

For comparison:

Here is the soundtrack used in the opening theme to Kung Fu Mission:

DfOZKcPRCAU

Here is the soundrack used after the opening credits to Mackenna's Gold:

8EhrzCBElXw

you should have used the US-DVD. the UK is a horrible interlaced Conversion with blended Frames in NTSC-Speed. French DVD is cut by a few Minutes. and maybe not in 2.35 also.

TheKungFuRobber
you should have used the US-DVD. the UK is a horrible interlaced Conversion with blended Frames in NTSC-Speed. French DVD is cut by a few Minutes. and maybe not in 2.35 also.

Is the US DVD 2:35 and Anamorphic and is the English dub any different to the UK versiom? I just checked out the trailer for the US version -

ObuNIsBqPmo

The YouTube and the English dub sounds different.

TheKungFuRobber
Im looking to update my previous copy, soulblade dvd, which is grainy. Is the us disc the pagoda release?

That's what I'd like to know too.

I have the french dvd and the pagoda dvd.

the pagoda is sourced from a 35mm print and the picture quality is really good.

the french is sourced from a vhs and it's pretty average.

TheKungFuRobber

Nice. I will download the Pagoda print on ADC when my share ratio is better and make an improved custom when this one is done.

sifu iron perm
Nice. I will download the Pagoda print on ADC when my share ratio is better and make an improved custom when this one is done.

that would be supereb!

the pagoda dvd is fetching for £90:squigglemouth:

Morgoth Bauglir
that would be supereb!

the pagoda dvd is fetching for £90:squigglemouth:

Keep an eye on it the prices will vary. I just grabbed one on Amazon for $16.

TheKungFuRobber

BTW I could download the US prints now if someone could please donate some bonus points to me on ADC.

Secret Executioner

There are actually two French releases for this one:

- Les Cinq Mercenaires as part of the "Collection Ceinture Noire" from FIP, which I don't have, but (considering what the other titles of this collection are like) must be the worse looking of the two

- Les Mercenaires du Kung Fu, released by Bach Films - this one isn't too bad looking, though it's dark and the colors (such as Robert Tai's costume) seem a bit washed. Still very watchable though.

Other movies like Bruce Li In New Guinea or Fist Of Fury III exist in both collections as well, but I haven't checked whether they were the same stuff under different titles and artworks or if they were different prints - that could have helped on whether one of the French releases for Incredible Kung Fu Mission could be better.

Archived