Boundless (2014) - Documentary about Johnnie To

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

A new documentary is soon to be released which saw Ferris Lin closely following Johnnie To for 2 years in order to capture the man who remains one of the few truly original Hong Kong film makers, check out the trailer below -

FJpKH9jDsd0

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A new documentary is soon to be released which saw Ferris Lin closely following Johnnie To for 2 years in order to capture the man who remains one of the few truly original Hong Kong film makers, check out the trailer below -

FJpKH9jDsd0

Thanks.That looks totally interesting!

Looks like that To documentary released a few years ago. While seemingly interesting, I would like to see more in-depth stuff about the visual style in word all coming from the man himself rather than just showing clips from his most celebrated works.

It hasn't been released (for sale) to the public, so it's new to me. or has it?

I'll watch an hour long documentary of Johnnie To smoking a cigarette. :)

One Armed Boxer
It hasn't been released (for sale) to the public, so it's new to me. or has it?

No not yet, I think DiP is referring to an earlier documentary which was made about To.

I watched this in the HK Film Festival this year, although it's getting a general release in HK this month.

It's quite patchy and overlong. It has good footage of Johnnie To on location but the director (a film student) method is a bit clumsy.

Worth a look but I think a better Johnnie To documentary is waiting to be made out there.

Archived