Ryuzo 7 (aka 'Ryuzo and His Seven Henchmen') (2015) - Takeshi Kitano Yakuza Comedy

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Despite Kitano's recent revelation in which he stated “I’m done shooting, but I’ve been told to keep quiet," it seems next year he'll be back in the directors chair for the comedy 'Ryuzo 7'.

While it could well be that this movie wrapped shooting before he made the statement, we'll at least get to enjoy him returning to the yakuza genre, although this time he'll mostly be staying behind the camera with only a brief cameo in the feature itself.

Check out the teaser below -

Huo9ogz-ICc

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Japanese BD and DVD (Standard and Special Editions) coming October 9.

As usual for Kitano films, English subtitles are included.

ryu1.jpg

ryu2.jpg

I didn't see the film in theatre. Didn't look too promising to me.

I came as close to seeing this as actually having the ticket in my pocket and sitting in the theatre... but I (literally) ran away before it started  :laugh

Actually, it was a double bill with Hana-Bi (in 35mm) and I had a flight to catch. Had to run out of the theatre as soon as Hana-Bi's ending credits started rolling as I had 2.5 minutes to make it to the train. It was probably a good thing I was forced to leave before the lights turned on because I had had tears in my eyes for the past 75 minutes from the sheer perfection of the film.

Of course I could have watched Ryuzo before Hana-Bi, but why would I have done that when the National Film Center was playing Roaring Fire in 35mm at the same time? Sorry Kitano, you're not worth my time anymore.

Archived