Seeing Jimmy Wang Yu at NYC's Lincoln Center tonight!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

A friend that was at the event sent me a link to your great blog post. I didn't know it was you. Thanks for sharing these great vids.

I love when the interviewer asks:

Did you ever loose a fight?

When I was 65 I was in Shanghai and I was drunk, it was my fault. I fought with 4 policemen and they had to use electricity to put me down.

@P'anKu - oh, that blogpost you linked to was a good friend of mine. Steve from unseenfilms blogspot. This is me :)http://www.planetchocko.com/?p=20537

Would of been interesting to hear what he thought about what is going on in HK right now.

@Superfly - bro, sorry I missed you at the screening. Really cool to see a nice gathering going on from KFC at the event. Next time we'll got to plan for a group picture.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
hey GD YY -

those are the videos I recorded :bigsmile:

Part 1:

cDhif9LjI3E

Part 2:

4X5ef9hLuuc

Part 3:

ZxM2lONjvyg

Thanks @One Armed Boxer - wasn't sure how to embed that!

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GD Y-Y

Biography

Wang Yu was born in 1944 in Jiangsu, China. He attended school in Shanghai, where he excelled in swimming. He went to Hong Kong in 1960, where he continued to excel in swimming, horse riding, and car racing, which paved the way for his future in wuxia movies. He tested into the Shaw Brothers studio in 1963. With Chang Cheh's "Tiger Boy" in 1966, he made a name for himself in the industry. A hard working, intelligent person, Wang Yu quickly became one of the hottest male actors in the Chinese world. He has starred in and has directed many classics, including the "One Armed Swordsman" and the "Chinese Boxer." He married Ling Cui in 1969, and in 1975 they divorced with Wang Yu marrying a flight attendant. He made appearences in such movies in the 80s as "Fantasy Mission Force" and "Shanghai 13." In 1991, Wang Yu served on Taiwan's "Two Worlds of Chinese Films Organization" committee, his films "Temple of the Red Lotus" and "One Armed Swordsman" (among others) represented.

• Administrator
I would have loved to be there! Had I known a few days before the event that this was happening I certainly would have driven to this event!

I had no idea that you were unaware of this event nor that you would've been willing to come to it. :ooh: Dammit! Sorry I didn't say something to you about it. :cry:

I wasn't going to go myself, but changed my mind a couple days before the event when my friend Matt said he was willing but unable to fly all the way from the UK to attend. How could I not drive the few hours when he was willing to do that? My son and wife also said that I would regret it if I didn't go. They were most assuredly right. :tongue:

• Administrator
Had to include this photo of the cane he was using.

Great photo! Love that cane. :nerd: Notice he has it hidden behind mine and Jerry Ma's artwork? If he kills with it does that make us unwilling accomplices? :tongue:

It was too perfect.

Noelle, wanted to say- when someone asks you how you picked your forum name, demonstrating your "Shadow Kick" on them as an answer is not a polite or appropriate response. My poor son is still recovering. (I asked the question, but used my boy as a human shield to block her strike. :angel:)

Hey everybody... I will be writing more about this event, giving details and posting photos soon. Promise. :bigsmile:

Noelle, wanted to say- when someone asks you how you picked your forum name, demonstrating your "Shadow Kick" on them as an answer is not a polite or appropriate response. My poor son is still recovering. (I asked the question, but used my boy as a human shield to block her strike. :angel:)

Hmm...willing to sacrifice your own men/relatives as insignificant pawns? You've got the makings of a great kung fu villain! :tongue:

• Administrator
Hmm...willing to sacrifice your own men/relatives as insignificant pawns? You've got the makings of a great kung fu villain! :tongue:

Not at all. I was utilizing the experience to further his training in taking a hit. :angel: Quite selfless of me I think. :wink:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Kung Fu Bob and Jimmy Wang Yu.

10599669_730850927003977_6835618053693534957_n.jpg?oh=9c172a7f34059da2df2d3e53a9e75bbc&oe=54E04BC7&__gda__=1424190193_aeb7a89751c0210b2b1c6c854a1eb635

Kungfubob O'Brien‎OLD SKOOL KUNG FU MOVIE FANDOM PAGE

Follow · November 18 ·

THE JIMMY WANG YU COLLECTION is out today in stores! And guess who approves of this DVD set and my cover painting? Yup, the One Armed Boxer himself- Jimmy Wang Yu- gave this the thumbs up! (Photo courtesy of Rene Carson, #ByHandPics) By the way, if you dig the shirt you can get them here: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/

Please share and spread the word.

AWESOME KFB.

GD Y-Y

Can someone send a dvd copy to him to sign it please for me?

Sure bro, book me a flight, 3 nights in a 5* hotel wherever he is and I'll get you 2 signed copies! :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Sure bro, book me a flight, 3 nights in a 5* hotel wherever he is and I'll get you 2 signed copies! :tongue:

I'll pick you up. Let's do it!:tongue:

Archived