Beyond Skyline (2017) Frank Grillo, Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian

mpm74

Wow, if that's true can someone drown me in bleach? How was the first Skyline any good?

If it were a SyFy movie, it would have been passable. In other words, it was NOT good. The reason it pulled a lot of money at the box office was because of the trailers, which made it look like a solid popcorn flick (i.e. ID4). I know it had some really good effects...

Every time a movie like this gets made - and makes a BIG profit - it really is bad news because it sets the new standard.

But dude, watch it and see for yourself. lol

Holy shit. :ooh:

If - and I do think it's if - this gets made, I look forward to seeing it released here in the UK under the title The Raid 3000. :xd:

Holy shit. :ooh:

If - and I do think it's if - this gets made, I look forward to seeing it released here in the UK under the title The Raid 3000. :xd:

lol Like I said, it's either going to be really good or really bad. It's an odd choice for their Hollywood film debut, but who knows, maybe it might hit us by surprise. I just can't see the guys fighting aliens... unless the end up fighting looters while the invasion is happening...

One Armed Boxer

Variety have now confirmed that Uwais will play the leader of an underground resistance that forms after aliens touch down on earth.

The reasons behind their involvement seem to be two fold, firstly producer Greg Strause has commented "We’re showcasing a new kind of alien combat, so who better to collaborate with than the most innovative fight team in the world?”, and secondly it appears that the movie is also going to be filmed on their home soil of Indonesia.

The full article is here - http://variety.com/2014/film/news/raid-star-iko-uwais-tapped-for-beyond-skyline-1201351432/

dLzfq7y.jpg

N0LVYvb.jpg

xG1UOMh.jpg

kyTIMO6.jpg

UGzlHGm.jpg

b2P0cTP.jpg

Frank Grillo said on Instagram that Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and their team are choreographing the best on screen fight Grillo has ever been in.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just makes me happy to see these guys get a shot at Hollywood. I just hope they don't tarnish what once was a beautiful display on-screen.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Great stuff. Still need to catch up with the first Skyline.

You're not missing much I think. I think MPM74 said it was worth a redbox or something but I could be wrong?

Not quite an all-out martial arts movie, but it definitely features some martial arts by way of Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian. Sadly, this film has landed itself in my all-time top ten worst film list. It...is...terrible. From start to finish. Many reviews label it a "guilty pleasure" and I just don't see it. This is trash film making. Where "Wolf Warrior 2" was a fun, cheesy slice of throwback action, this does the opposite for sci-fi. It's definitely the worst film I've seen in 2017.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2017 at 8:46 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Not quite an all-out martial arts movie, but it definitely features some martial arts by way of Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian. Sadly, this film has landed itself in my all-time top ten worst film list. It...is...terrible. From start to finish. Many reviews label it a "guilty pleasure" and I just don't see it. This is trash film making. Where "Wolf Warrior 2" was a fun, cheesy slice of throwback action, this does the opposite for sci-fi. It's definitely the worst film I've seen in 2017.

Oh well, that is one title off my list of purchases. :BL-DontThinkFeel: 

• Like 1