The Six Billion Dollar Man (2019)

AlbertV

Yes ladies and gentlemen...they have the money...they have the technology...they can..reboot him!

Entertainment Weekly has gotten confirmation that Mark Wahlberg has signed to play Maj. Steve Austin in a big-screen adaptation of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN. Mark will reunite with his LONE SURVIVOR director Peter Berg, who has signed to direct the film.

The new name is the latest adaptation of the novel CYBORG and Dimension Films will be producing the film.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an update...three years to the date of this first post :)

Warner Brothers have this film set for a 2019 release date after they have acquired the film from the doomed Weinstein Company. Damian Szifron will write and direct the reboot and Mark Wahlberg is still attached to play Steve Austin (not Stone Cold LOL)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/warners-plans-its-2019-film-slate/

• Administrator
On 11/6/2014 at 3:30 PM, AlbertV said:

The new name is the latest adaptation of the novel CYBORG and Dimension Films will be producing the film.

@AlbertV are you saying that the original SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN series was based on a book called CYBORG? If so, I never knew that.

7 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@AlbertV are you saying that the original SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN series was based on a book called CYBORG? If so, I never knew that.

1368516.jpg1368526.jpg9721105.jpg34603691.jpg

Cyborg was originally a 1972 novel by Martin Caidin and yes, it was the inspiration for the original series :) There are four Steve Austin novels by Caidin.

• Cyborg (1972)
  • Operation Nuke (1973)
  • High Crystal (1974)
  • Cyborg IV  (1975)

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Cyborg was originally a 1972 novel by Martin Caidin and yes, it was the inspiration for the original series :) There are four Steve Austin novels by Caidin.

• Cyborg (1972)
  • Operation Nuke (1973)
  • High Crystal (1974)
  • Cyborg IV  (1975)

Wow, thanks for the info! If I ever knew that, I certainly don't remember it.

I'm surprised I didn't read those as a kid. I used to be a voracious reader, and would borrow tons of horror, action, and sci-fi books from the library.

3 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Wow, thanks for the info! If I ever knew that, I certainly don't remember it.

I'm surprised I didn't read those as a kid. I used to be a voracious reader, and would borrow tons of horror, action, and sci-fi books from the library.

That makes two of us...but I definitely will eventually give these a read.

Archived