The Neon Demon (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2016)

Takuma

"One morning I woke and realized I was both surrounded and dominated by women. Strangely, a sudden urge was planted in me to make a horror film about vicious beauty. After making DRIVE and falling madly in love with the electricity of Los Angeles, I knew I had to return to tell the story of THE NEON DEMON."

- http://twitchfilm.com/2014/11/nicolas-winding-refns-next-is-horror-picture-the-neon-demon.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TwitchEverything+%28Twitch%29

Filming starts early next year. Really looking forward to this. Saw Drive in cinema 4 times and Only God Forgives twice :D

NEON.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I love everything this guy puts out. It's so arty and full of neon colors and stoic deadpan performances in his movies that I really love to see in a major motion picture auditorium!

As usual, I had to wait almost a year until it opened in Japan...

The Neon Demon (USA, 2016) [DCP] - 3.5/5
Refn's return to L.A. - a horror film about fashion and supermodels. Surprisingly restrained in the violence department after the ultra-brutal Only God Forgives, but not without shocks. Beautiful to look at, thematically fascinating at first, but ultimately somewhat empty due to zero character depth. The ending is perfect.

Archived