Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - 2015 Super Sentai

AlbertV

Henshin Justice revealed Toei's annual trademark for their upcoming Super Sentai Series and it looks like we are returning to the Ninja sentai with their upcoming series:

Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

More details to follow within the next few months. The series will premiere in February after the finale of Ressha Sentai ToQger.

The last Ninja-themed sentai was Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger, which was later adapted into Disney's first foray of the Power Rangers universe, Power Rangers: Ninja Storm.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DX-Shurikenjin-Ninninger-Catalog.jpg

The combination mecha, or Megazord in the Power Rangers universe, will be known as Shurikenjin.

Here's the official promo image with a release date of February 15, 2015 on TV Asahi in Japan

10647223_10152606997294862_7054691065131347593_n.jpg

The suit names are: AkaNinger, AoNinger, KiNinger, MomoNinger, and ShiroNinger.

Still haven't heard the cast as of yet.

The series cast was announced on Christmas:

PDj0dJaRwLI

Shunsuke Nishikawa, a judo practitioner, has been cast as Akaninger/Takaharu Igasaki

Gaku Matsumoto will play Aoninger/"Cloud" Kato Yakumo

Kaito Nakamura will play Kininger/Nagi Matsuo

Yuka Yano will play Shironinger/Fuka Igasaki (Takaharu's sister)

Kasumi Yamaya will play Momoninger/Kasumi Momochi

The characters are all cousins, with Red and White siblings.

I finally caught episode 1 yesterday courtesy of TV-Nihon...let me put it this way...this is already awesome!!!

The Ninningers are all cousins as I mentioned before. Takaharu (Red) and Fuka (White) are siblings. Cloud (Blue) had studied in England and has returned (he will spout of an English word from time to time). Nagi (Yellow) is the prankster of the group while Kasumi (Pink) is a budding college student.

Their "morphers" are swords in which they must put their colored shuriken in the halberd and they say "Shuriken Henge" to transform.

They have already gotten their Zords in the first episode:

Akaninger: Shinobimaru (a humanoid like Zord)

Aoninger: Dragonmaru (a dragon)

Kininger: Dumpmaru (a dump truck)

Shironinger: Wanmaru (a dog)

Momoninger: Byunmaru (a bullet train)

When they combine they form Shurikenjin, the Megazord.

Eventually there will be a sixth ranger, Starninger, who will be a Gold-colored Ranger, but they haven't introduced him yet.

I'm definitely going to keep watching. ToQger, the last series, didn't impress me too much and had a lackluster finale.

There will be a sixth Ninninger coming soon. They call him StarNinger, and he will sport gold.

tumblr_nkemfrj6Lw1sq4r35o1_500.jpg

StarNinger's alter ego is Kinji Takigawa, raised in America as a cowboy. 22-year old Hideki Tagawa will play Kinji in an upcoming episode. Episodes 1-5 are now available with fansubbed English subtitles on TV-Nihon.

Archived