More German Shaw Brothers Blu-rays (with English Subtitles!)

Ronin

Information is still a little fuzzy (as I was using Google Translate) but here is what I have found out.

German company FILM ART (who released the gorgeous blu-ray of SHAOLIN MASTER AND THE KID) have announced a new deal with Celestial Pictures for 7 Shaw Brothers titles:

BLACK MAGIC

THE DEADLY DUO

KILLER CONSTABLE

MAN OF IRON

THE DUEL

THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN

SUPER INFRAMAN

The first title being released is THE DEADLY DUO - Mandarin/German audio with German and English subtitles - blu-ray/DVD combo pack - limited edition of 1000 copies - release date is 12/19/2014. Second title is THE DUEL - specs TBA.

THE DEADLY DUO was released on blu-ray in the USA by Media Blasters, so this release isn't as exciting, but none of the other films have been released on blu-ray with English subtitles. FILM ART has stated that it is possible that not all these titles will make it to blu-ray - it all depends on what Celestial provides them in terms of HD materials. I would think that most, if not all, of these films have good HD masters available, so here's hoping they do blu-rays for all of these (and keep putting English subtitles on all of them)! Here is my source for this info:

Forum Link - NSFW

I think there will be a box to house the first five discs, with a disc full of extras included, released with the last title to come out. MIGHTY PEKING MAN and SUPER INFRAMAN are going to be released separately on a different label.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing work, Ronin!

THE DUEL on BD would be something well worth owning!

Thanks! I would buy all of these (except for THE DEADLY DUO as I already have the US blu-ray), but I am most excited for KILLER CONSTABLE and SUPER INFRAMAN!

Exhilerating news! Though at the moment it looks like THE DEADLY DUO is the only title on Amazon pre-sale. Hadn't heard about this company putting out SHAOLIN MASTER AND THE KID, sadly that BD seems to miss the original audio (German and English dubs only).

At the moment I'm looking forward to the German Blu of BOXER FROM SHANTUNG that's dropping on November 7th, we'll see if that distributor (MVL, whoever they are) is smart enough to include English subs that Koch didn't bother to add to their recent Shaw box-sets..

Exhilerating news! Though at the moment it looks like THE DEADLY DUO is the only title on Amazon pre-sale. Hadn't heard about this company putting out SHAOLIN MASTER AND THE KID, sadly that BD seems to miss the original audio (German and English dubs only).

At the moment I'm looking forward to the German Blu of BOXER FROM SHANTUNG that's dropping on November 7th, we'll see if that distributor (MVL, whoever they are) is smart enough to include English subs that Koch didn't bother to add to their recent Shaw box-sets..

It's a bummer that the SHAOLIN MASTER AND THE KID blu-ray doesn't have the original language track, but they did an incredible job on the video transfer.

Still no official word if MVL's Shaw Brothers blu-rays are going to have English subs (my guess is they won't), but if they did I will be broke as they are also releasing THE HEROIC ONES, INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN and SHAOLIN TEMPLE.

thankyouforfu

This is great news! I've added this info to the English-friendly GERMAN releases thread.

I wanted to ask, does anyone have (or seen) the German release of Invincible Armour?

Is it widescreen, uncut, remastered, and with English dubs?

As anticipated I just found out that the German Blu of BOXER FROM SHANTUNG has no English subs, just German ones. Which basically means that the same company's upcoming BD's of SHAOLIN TEMPLE and INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN should be English-unfriendly as well.

sifu iron perm
This is great news! I've added this info to the English-friendly GERMAN releases thread.

I wanted to ask, does anyone have (or seen) the German release of Invincible Armour?

Is it widescreen, uncut, remastered, and with English dubs?

definitely has eng dub and uncut according to the Info.

But as for widescreen..doesn't say.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I am curious, is there a bigger market in Europe for these flicks? I realize that we have El Rey in the USA, but Shaw's are really hard to find otherwise.

Archived