Garuda 7 (2015) - The Indonesian Expendables!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Surprised there's no exisiting thread for this one already! Old-school Indonesian action stars come together for some serious butt kicking in 'Garuda 7'....the likes of Barry Prima, George Rudy, and Willy Dozan (Billy Chong) are all present and accounted for, and look to be putting in some serious action! Count me in for this one!

4-9jKDOshcQ

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Hmmm, maybe I need to watch the trailer again. Some of that looked a little sloppy to me. :squigglemouth:

And does the number 7 equal; a different amount in Indonesia? They're featuring way more than 7. :tongue:

Looks decent, but what are they doing fighting in a Sam's Club? ;) (or Costco)

Maybe they finally got to see Contour. :tongue:

Hmmm, maybe I need to watch the trailer again. Some of that looked a little sloppy to me.

Waves hands Jedi style and says something to the contrary, hopefully. :P

One Armed Boxer
Looks decent, but what are they doing fighting in a Sam's Club? ;) (or Costco)

Maybe they finally got to see Contour. :tongue:

slinky you beat me to it on that comment! I actually work in the container shipping industry, and for about half of that trailer it felt like I was watching some kind of action packed promo for the company I work for!

Hmmm, maybe I need to watch the trailer again. Some of that looked a little sloppy to me. :squigglemouth:

I'm not expecting top tier choreogrpahy, for me the novelty is more seeing the likes of Barry Prima ('The Devil's Sword'), George Rudy ('Lady Dragon 2'), and Willy Dozan ('Kung-fu Zombie') onscreen together. Admittedly some of it looks weak, especially the kick from Mario Christie at 1:42, it's barely a tap. But as long as it delivers some solid B-movie goodness, I'm sure there'll be enjoyment to be had.

On a sidenote, there's a tall guy with blonde hair carrying a rifle that really looks like he has no idea what pose he's supposed to be striking in the final shot (1:51), so he just kind of stands there awkwardly swaying from side to side. Pretty funny.

Looks terrific!

Yeah, a little raw in spots but hey, it only adds to the charm.

The cast always intrigued but learning that this film is a written by an old pal of mine just makes me wanna see it more.

Archived