Enter the Dragon - UK BD steelbook Pre-order

Karlos

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will probably have the same artwork as the recent Spanish release.

Quite crap, really. I could have done better in 5 minutes with photoshop.

dragon_es.jpg

Warner Brothers have certainly got their money's worth out of ETD on BR already. I'm Glad I did not waste money on any of the BR releases of ETD. Warner will no doubt find an excuse to release it again within the next few years, with a gold steel tin, triple disc collectors edition with an all new introduction by John Little.

Do we know if this steelbook is going to be the old Blu Ray release that was apparently improved upon with the 40th anniversary edition?

Judging by the extras it is.

For anyone interested the steel book is a replica copy of the first Blu Ray release, right down to the menus.

In the UK alone, that's three separate releases of ETD on Blu Ray inside three or four years with nothing on them worth a damn.

Reel Power Stunts
Do we know if this steelbook is going to be the old Blu Ray release that was apparently improved upon with the 40th anniversary edition?

In terms of picture quality, I'd say the older and newer releases have different strengths and weaknesses.

On initial impressions, the newer release may appear better, as it's more contrasty with punchier colours. Added contrast can make an image seem sharper...but I don't think the BR is more detailed. There is also less picture info.

The older release sufferers from some aliasing.

Swings & roundabouts...

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=2442&disc2=137&hd_multiID=250#auswahl

I totally agree although my preference is the latest transfer.

I guess my issue is that the Lee Estate (well Shannon) boasted that the new transfer was superior but releases the old one without blinking.

The only costs incurred are a steel box case. There's something really greedy about that.

Ive heard some fans say that the HD clips from BL's films featured in the I Am Bruce Lee Doc are actually better than the HD releases of the actual movies?.

While people keep buying the film multiple times regardless of content, the estate will continue to release it over and over again. Still no official release of the original version either. I guess there hanging onto that one so they can sell re-issue it again with an extra 15-secs of unseen footage. Or maybe there's going to be a 3D release in the future?.

Yeah I think the Estate pulled out all the stops on I Am Bruce Lee because it was their project. The clips used were probably enhanced.

I didn't think that documentary was particularly good because the Lee's are desperate to make Bruce part of the modern culture.

Who cares what rap stars think, or how they dance? And this unending quest to get Bruce linked to UFC is another ball buster.

The originality of the man is being sacrificed for fake money making horse shit. People who understand what he stood for can see right through it.

Archived