Tony Anthony and William Berger recommendations

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I am new to the western genre. I didn't think this genre was any good until I bought this DVD pack- http://www.amazon.com/Spaghetti-Western-Bible-Presents-Damned/dp/B002DLB1A2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412919499&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fast+the+damned+the+saved Since then I can't stop watching these movies. I've only seen 5-10 westerns in my lifetime, but in the last month I've seen at least 20 from multipacks I bought. 2 actors stood out to me a bit more than the others. Tony Anthony in Blindman and WIlliam Berger in They Call Him Graveyard. I've seen Keoma, and I think Berger plays Franco Nero's father. He does an amazing job. But I wasn't sure it was him. I'm surprised how much different he looked.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

I've seen several hundred westerns and I don't think I've seen any with Tony Anthony. I do notice he has only been in 14 films. Now WIlliam Berger has been in at least 145 appearances in his filmography. Sabata would be the big name western with him in it with Lee Van Cleef as the star. You have to start esoteric don't you :D. Couldn't start with John Wayne or Randolph Scott or Glenn Ford.

Morgoth Bauglir

Dang. I spent so much time looking at William Berger I forgot to check on Anthony. I guess it should be pretty easy to find his best work. I've heard of John Wayne. He's Al Bundy's favorite actor. I saw your list of favorite westerns and I've seen 5 of them. I'll have to watch some more. But I've been having so much fun with the Italian westerns. I'll be getting Sabata for sure. Looks good.

Morgoth Bauglir

I've been watching a lot westerns lately and William Berger showed up in two of them.

Hanging for Django- William Berger stars as a robber who dresses as a priest and carries around a multi barrel shotgun. He kills a lot of people. The movie is above average but nothing special. Berger gets a lot of screen time and he is incredible in every scene.

If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Your Death- yet another movie where Berger steals every scene he's in. He kills a lot more people in this one. This seems to be his trademark. Killing people and having a great time doing it. In A Bullet For a Stranger aka They Call Him Graveyard it seemed to me that Garko and Berger had a good chemistry and the movie gives the sense that they had worked together before. I'm glad to see that I was right in my assumption. This was a real treat.

Sabata question- looking online the American Bluray looks like a good version. Does anyone disagree?

NoKUNGFUforYU

Saw Blindman when I was a little kid when it came out. I think Ringo Starr had a small part as one of the bad guys, and got killed off. Pretty much a ripoff of Zatoichi, as I recall. I know he did a movie called, I think, "Treasure of the 4 Crowns" that was a ripoff of Indiana Jones. From what I can see he wrote a lot of the scripts to his movies. I wonder how Blindman holds up? You have to be in the right mood for those kind of movies. For me, it would have to be a good print, as well.

Morgoth Bauglir

Blindman is incredibly entertaining. The version in the 10 pack is very good VHS quality. The movie slips and falls on its face a couple times, but you forget about it quickly because it's full of great scenes. Ringo Starr is surprisingly good. I don't know much about him so I didn't know what to expect. I think he is a better actor than the main villain. But the main villain has a much tougher look than Ringo.

Archived