Supercop Alternate dub - uncut version

inframan

Just saw Police Story 3: Supercop at the Alamo. All I knew going in was that they had borrowed the 35mm print from a collector and that it was dubbed in English with Spanish subs. I was a bit puzzled when it started with the Golden Harvest logo, then I realized that it wasn't JC dubbing his own voice.

It was definitely uncut, Jackie falls out of the tree, the bikini babe is shot up with heroin and Jackie complains about endangered animals being sold on the street in China. Didn't even know this version existed and it made it that much more fun to see on the big screen. Not to mention it was right after my birthday and I bought out the back row for a bunch of friends to come too. :bigsmile:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I saw Police Story 3 was the original English version on YouTube, but it was very quickly taken down for copyright. The dubbing was pretty good. It's uncut and I loved it (almost) as I much as I would've if it was in Cantonese. I actually got to see an original HK print in 35mm of Police Story 3 in Cantonese with subs and it was the best time I had ever had going to a theater (!), but I digress.

As good as the English version is, I can't find it to save my life. I would assume that it can be found in the US/UK VHS's of the movie released before 1998 (before Miramax bought the rights to some of JC's movies), but I haven't been able to find a copy. I don't usually like to watch dubs, but watching this version of PS 3 would still be fun. If anyone's going to re-release PS 3 on DVD, it'd wouldn't be a bad idea to include this English dub (as opposed to the Dragon Dynasty release which included the Miramax dub :squigglemouth:).

Archived