Gone Girl (2014)

mpm74

Saw this last night. Great film! After his dudish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Fincher is definitely back in form. Great simplistic synth soundtrack by Trent Reznor.

It's hard to talk about the film without giving away any potential spoilers, but wondering if anyone else saw it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I liked it and what made it even better seeing it in a theater is seeing it with an audience filled with nothing but married couples.

I liked it and what made it even better seeing it in a theater is seeing it with an audience filled with nothing but married couples.

LMAO! Right?

I went with my gf (and I have to admit, after almost 3 years of being together, our relationship seems like a marriage at times, which I think is "normal") and it was very awkward at time, since it was so real.

Secret Executioner

An ex of mine read the book and she told me she was highly anticipating the release of that film - but I'm not too sure if I should trust her. She tried to get me into the Hunger Games franchise and into some other movies she loved (like the recent Anna Karenina adaptation), but whenever I'd catch something she said was great or marvellous it ended being "meh..." at best for me. :squigglemouth:

Also, I HATE movies that deal with relations and/or couples going through bad phases (save for a few exceptions like Michael Hanneke's Amour or Nuri Bilge Ceylan's Winter Sleep)...

Also, I HATE movies that deal with relations and/or couples going through bad phases (save for a few exceptions like Michael Hanneke's Amour or Nuri Bilge Ceylan's Winter Sleep)...

You might want to check out this one. More to it than that. It's different. =D

A weird one. Thought it was really good for a bit, then slowed down to not being as good. I found it dumb in some parts and as it came closer to the end, it started to make less sense. With the evidence presented implicating and it turning out like that, that made no sense to me. In the end, for that ride, I can't say a liked it.

Skeleton Claw
A weird one. Thought it was really good for a bit, then slowed down to not being as good. I found it dumb in some parts and as it came closer to the end, it started to make less sense. With the evidence presented implicating and it turning out like that, that made no sense to me. In the end, for that ride, I can't say a liked it.

Agreed. Saw this last night. And while it was engrossing, once the film ended I was like, "huh?!"

SPOILER ALERT:

First off, how did anyone not ask this broad what wound she managed to suffer during her "kidnapping" that would cause such massive bleeding??! I mean, right there! She would've been toast.

Also, someone would've have to have signed for those gifts, no?

I purposely stayed away from spoiler type talk. But

I think you're forgetting everyone knows about who's blood that is and the situation surrounding it. She told them. It was on the news, she spoke to authorities, etc.

Archived