Misfire (2014)

AlbertV

IMG_34120834690449.jpeg

RLJ Entertainment is releasing this new indie action film from director R. Ellis Frazier to DVD on October 21.

The film stars Gary Daniels as Cole, a DEA agent who is suspended for disobeying orders. When he finds out his journalist ex-wife is kidnapped by a top Mexican drug cartel leader and his brother is framed for murder, he sets off to Mexico to seek revenge. He gets help from Gracie, a friend of his ex-wife's and Dale, a fellow DEA agent who is given the task to make sure Cole is "laying low" during this covert op.

One is wondering with Gary Daniels in the lead, why is this in the World Cinema thread and not in the Modern martial arts thread? Because he virtually doesn't get to do his usual throwdowns, which is okay. He uses more gunfire in the film, yet he did choreograph two very short fights. That's the most in terms of his trademark martial arts you're gonna get.

Yes folks, I saw the film yesterday and it was a good Gary Daniels vehicle IMO. I'll be doing a review on my non-MA blog this weekend.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived