Kung Fu Screenings at the New Beverly Cinema in LA

KenHashibe

KenHashibe
1 hour ago, wackiechan said:

The New Beverly will reopen on 6/1/21:

https://thenewbev.com/

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we get some HK movies soon, I’ll be sure to continue the write-ups like I did before! I’m so hyped!

• Like 2

Shaolin Patriot
7 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we get some HK movies soon, I’ll be sure to continue the write-ups like I did before! I’m so hyped!

Ken, promise me that if masks are still required, please don't attend wearing one of these, LOL!

EVuC5_IUYAMtl-N.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

wackiechan

Some of my suggestions of movies that The New Beverly should show:

(HK/Martial Arts)

1. "Enter The Fat Dragon"(1978, Sammo Hung)
  2. "Tiger On The Beat"
  3. "Operation Scorpio"
  4. "The Champions"(1983, Yuen Biao)
  5. "Knockabout"(Yuen Biao)
  6. "Fist of Legend"
  7. "Once Upon A Time In China 2"
  8. "Shaolin Temple"(1976, Shaw Bros)
  9. "Dynasty"(1977)
  10. "Way of the Dragon"
  11. "Duel To The Death"

(Godzilla/Music documentaries)

1. "Godzilla Vs. Megalon"
  2. "Godzilla: Final Wars"
  3. "The Kids Are Alright"(1979, The Who)
  4. "Urgh! A Music War"(The Police, The Go Go's, etc.)
  5. "Let There Be Rock"(AC/DC)
  • Like 5

KenHashibe

The New Beverly released a teaser trailer of some of the films playing in June 2021. Looks to be an amazing line-up.

Can anyone identify the Kung Fu movie(s) at 0:44 and 0:52?

On 5/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, Shaolin Patriot said:

Ken, promise me that if masks are still required, please don't attend wearing one of these, LOL!

EVuC5_IUYAMtl-N.jpg

HAHA!! No promises, those masks are better-looking than the one I usually wear :laugh

On 5/3/2021 at 2:21 AM, wackiechan said:

Some of my suggestions of movies that The New Beverly should show:

(HK/Martial Arts)

1. "Enter The Fat Dragon"(1978, Sammo Hung)
  2. "Tiger On The Beat"
  3. "Operation Scorpio"
  4. "The Champions"(1983, Yuen Biao)
  5. "Knockabout"(Yuen Biao)
  6. "Fist of Legend"
  7. "Once Upon A Time In China 2"
  8. "Shaolin Temple"(1976, Shaw Bros)
  9. "Dynasty"(1977)
  10. "Way of the Dragon"
  11. "Duel To The Death"

(Godzilla/Music documentaries)

1. "Godzilla Vs. Megalon"
  2. "Godzilla: Final Wars"
  3. "The Kids Are Alright"(1979, The Who)
  4. "Urgh! A Music War"(The Police, The Go Go's, etc.)
  5. "Let There Be Rock"(AC/DC)

Some great picks! We'll see what prints they're able to get their hands on.

Adding to your list of music documentaries, would love to see Stop Making Sense there too.

• Like 4

Shaolin Patriot
3 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

The New Beverly released a teaser trailer of some of the films playing in June 2021. Looks to be an amazing line-up.

Tough to identify any of these clips, but the later one at roughly 0:54 looks like Bruce Le.  

brucele.jpg

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 3

wackiechan
16 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

HAHA!! No promises, those masks are better-looking than the one I usually wear :laugh

Some great picks! We'll see what prints they're able to get their hands on.

Adding to your list of music documentaries, would love to see Stop Making Sense there too.

At 0:52, it seems to be this movie, which I still remember renting the World Video VHS, from an L.A. Chinatown video store back then:

Thanks for saying some of those are great picks, Ken.

I'd also like to add on "The Last Dragon", "Breakin' ", "Beat Street", and maybe also "The Fists of Bruce Lee."

Shaolin Patriot, is that picture of the guys w/ masks a scene from a Shaw Bros movie called "Masked Avengers"?

• Like 4

Shaolin Patriot
14 hours ago, wackiechan said:

At 0:52, it seems to be this movie, which I still remember renting the World Video VHS, from an L.A. Chinatown video store back then:

Thanks for saying some of those are great picks, Ken.

I'd also like to add on "The Last Dragon", "Breakin' ", "Beat Street", and maybe also "The Fists of Bruce Lee."

Shaolin Patriot, is that picture of the guys w/ masks a scene from a Shaw Bros movie called "Masked Avengers"?

Good catch - looks like Bruce's Deadly Fingers is the second set of clips!

Yes, the guys in the masks are the Masked Avengers

• Like 4

KenHashibe

Here is the June 2021 calendar for the New Beverly Cinema:

NewBev202106-FRONT-FINAL.jpegNewBev202106-BACK-FINAL.jpeg

I'll definitely be going to the Kung Fu double feature on June 7th, Kung Fu's Hero (1973) and The Young Dragon (1979)! I heard of or seen either film before. I actually can't find any info on The Young Dragon. Is that an alternate title of Bruce's Deadly Fingers which was included in the June trailer?

Besides the Kung Fu double feature, I'm also considering Paris is Burning/Party Girl since I've heard both are very good. And possibly After Hours which I think is a great movie. I can't wait to go back!

• Like 4

Shaolin Patriot

The Young Dragon is the alternate title for Bruce's Deadly Fingers.  The film also features Bolo Yeung and Lo Lieh.  Be sure to listen for some classic tracks from Pink Floyd and Emerson, Lake & Palmer!

Good films all around for the entire month!  Ticket are not yet on sale, but I'd imagine that they will sell out faster due to lower audience capacity allowed in the theater.

Kung-Fus-Hero-poster-385x578.jpg

Young-Dragon-poster-385x578.jpg

• Like 4

KenHashibe
13 hours ago, Shaolin Patriot said:

The Young Dragon is the alternate title for Bruce's Deadly Fingers.  The film also features Bolo Yeung and Lo Lieh.  Be sure to listen for some classic tracks from Pink Floyd and Emerson, Lake & Palmer!

Good films all around for the entire month!  Ticket are not yet on sale, but I'd imagine that they will sell out faster due to lower audience capacity allowed in the theater.

Kung-Fus-Hero-poster-385x578.jpg

Young-Dragon-poster-385x578.jpg

Thank you for the info! I'm excited to finally see it! It's been on the watchlist for a long time.

On Instagram, they posted that tickets for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood would go on sale Saturday around noon, and the rest of the tickets will go on sale at a later date. I'll keep everyone updated since I'm sure these shows will sell out fast, especially since I believe there is a more limited capacity.

• Like 2

KenHashibe

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPbh4D8lbM-/

In a Instagram post yesterday, the New Beverly announced that they will be releasing tickets randomly throughout the next few days for screenings from June 1st-June 14th. Then on a later date, they will start to post tickets for screenings from June 14th-June 30th. So basically you may have to continually check their tickets page to get tickets for upcoming shows.

I was fortunate enough to snatch tickets for the Kung Fu Double on June 7th, but it says it's now sold out. If there are any other screenings you may plan to go to from June 1st-June 14th, I would definitely have their tickets tab open and refresh it every once in a while.

https://ticketing.uswest.veezi.com/sessions/?siteToken=fmtswb0qqbym3de6c4bbsqj89m

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 5/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, KenHashibe said:

Here is the June 2021 calendar for the New Beverly Cinema:

NewBev202106-FRONT-FINAL.jpegI'll definitely be going to the Kung Fu double feature on June 7th, Kung Fu's Hero (1973) and The Young Dragon (1979)! I heard of or seen either film before. I actually can't find any info on The Young Dragon. Is that an alternate title of Bruce's Deadly Fingers which was included in the June trailer?

I'm glad you managed to get tickets for the kung fu double-feature, but man, there are some other classics there that you should consider seeing. Even though I've seen them plenty on home video I'd jump at the chance to see THE GREAT ESCAPE, CINEMA PARADISO, BULLITT, and NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Plus, the two John Waters films, and it's been 38 years since I saw THE HUNGER in the theater (wait... What?! :ooh:) and it's a killer flick with gorgeous cinematography.

It's a good thing for my time and finances that I don't live on that side of the country! :wink:

• Like 3

KenHashibe
2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I'm glad you managed to get tickets for the kung fu double-feature, but man, there are some other classics there that you should consider seeing. Even though I've seen them plenty on home video I'd jump at the chance to see THE GREAT ESCAPE, CINEMA PARADISO, BULLITT, and NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Plus, the two John Waters films, and it's been 38 years since I saw THE HUNGER in the theater (wait... What?! :ooh:) and it's a killer flick with gorgeous cinematography.

It's a good thing for my time and finances that I don't live on that side of the country! :wink:

YES! I'll be sure to post pictures and do a write-up after attending!

I absolutely agree; so many classics playing this month! I love The Great Escape, Cinema Paradiso, and Bullitt! However, since they play semi-frequently in LA, I don't have as much of a priority to see them. I always prioritizes films that are rarely screened. And using that way of picking which movies to go to makes it a lot easier to save money on screenings. :laugh

I may consider the John Waters films and The Hunger since I've never seen them. However, I've never seen one of John Waters' earlier films, except the original Hairspray, his first PG film. I've heard those earlier films are something else. But maybe that's the best way to see them for the first time; with an excited, loud audience.

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, KenHashibe said:

YES! I'll be sure to post pictures and do a write-up after attending!

I absolutely agree; so many classics playing this month! I love The Great Escape, Cinema Paradiso, and Bullitt! However, since they play semi-frequently in LA, I don't have as much of a priority to see them. I always prioritizes films that are rarely screened. And using that way of picking which movies to go to makes it a lot easier to save money on screenings. :laugh

I may consider the John Waters films and The Hunger since I've never seen them. However, I've never seen one of John Waters' earlier films, except the original Hairspray, his first PG film. I've heard those earlier films are something else. But maybe that's the best way to see them for the first time; with an excited, loud audience.

That makes a lot of sense. In Pennsylvania there aren't a lot of theaters showing old classics like they do in California, so it's exciting to hear about these screenings.

THE HUNGER is a really cool, moody film with terrific performances. If you haven't already I recommend you don't read anything about it.

Those two Waters' films are nothing like HAIRSPRAY! Fans like me that grew up seeing PINK FLAMINGOS and FEMALE TROUBLE were in complete shock (and some in horror) that not only was the director capable of making a (still skewed, but) basically "normal film" and that a major studio would even hire and trust him to do so. HAIRSPRAY is a fun time, but it cannot possibly prepare you for the insanity/depravity/subversive nature of DESPERATE LIVING or POLYESTER. I feel like the best description to explain the differences is the opening of BLUE VELVET. HAIRSPRAY is the white picket fences, waving fireman, and beautiful green lawns, and DESPERATE LIVING is the carcass being decimated by hungry beetles just out of view, beneath that lovely lawn. :tongue: I would absolutely agree that seeing these films in the cinema will be a huge part of the experience, and a vastly more optimal way than watching them at home on TV.

• Like 2

KenHashibe
On 5/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

That makes a lot of sense. In Pennsylvania there aren't a lot of theaters showing old classics like they do in California, so it's exciting to hear about these screenings.

THE HUNGER is a really cool, moody film with terrific performances. If you haven't already I recommend you don't read anything about it.

Those two Waters' films are nothing like HAIRSPRAY! Fans like me that grew up seeing PINK FLAMINGOS and FEMALE TROUBLE were in complete shock (and some in horror) that not only was the director capable of making a (still skewed, but) basically "normal film" and that a major studio would even hire and trust him to do so. HAIRSPRAY is a fun time, but it cannot possibly prepare you for the insanity/depravity/subversive nature of DESPERATE LIVING or POLYESTER. I feel like the best description to explain the differences is the opening of BLUE VELVET. HAIRSPRAY is the white picket fences, waving fireman, and beautiful green lawns, and DESPERATE LIVING is the carcass being decimated by hungry beetles just out of view, beneath that lovely lawn. :tongue: I would absolutely agree that seeing these films in the cinema will be a huge part of the experience, and a vastly more optimal way than watching them at home on TV.

I wish there were classics theaters like this throughout the country so everyone could enjoy these kinds of experiences!

I'll definitely read up on The Hunger and consider going. Tickets have been selling out instantly though, so we'll see.

Yes, that's exactly what I've heard about Waters' early films. :laugh I appreciate the vivid description of these films. It makes me wonder if I should go or not. John Waters definitely has a cult following so screenings aren't too hard to come by, if you know which theaters to check. However, I'm thinking I should just buy the tickets and jump right in. (That is if I can get tickets for them)

• Like 2

KenHashibe

QUICK UPDATE before starting the write-up:

Tickets for the remainder of June (15th-30th) will go on sale starting June 10th!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP4KrQvrq38/

After over a year, it was finally time to return to the New Beverly Cinema to enjoy a kung fu double feature. The last time I visited the New Bev was February 14th to see Hot Fuzz, paired with Big Bullet. I had visited movie theaters since they’ve been reopening in California, however, I had been eagerly awaiting to see the same for the New Bev. I took my typical hour-long drive to the theater, parked in the neighborhood, and walked up to see the lights of the marque and a line waiting outside. It was great to be back and to see the theater filled (at 50% capacity) with excited film-goers!

There were a few changes to their operations: (1) face masks are required, of course, (2) tickets are now only digital for the time-being, (3) the line for concessions goes outside to make room in the lobby, (4) seats are now reserved so that patrons will be spaced out.

At 7:30, programmer Brian Quinn came out to introduce the films. Brian is always a great part of the experience, since you can tell how excited he is for the films they show. He mentioned that Tarantino actually decided to show these films together. He also teased that they want to have at least one kung fu/Hong Kong double feature every month from now on, and they have a lineup of prints that they’ve never shown before! Of course, I was totally ecstatic to hear that, and I can’t wait to see what they have in-store. (Burning Ambition still needs to make its return to the big screen!).

Anyway, after his introduction, the lights dimmed and a brief Seiko commercial played. After that was a short Bugs Bunny cartoon called “Bunny Hugged” in which Bugs fights a wrestler. Then there was a kung fu trailer reel featuring the English-release trailers for Super Manchu; Fist of Fear, Touch of Death; and Chinese Hercules.

Afterwards, the first film, Kung Fu’s Hero, started and I was shocked by how pristine the film looked despite being almost 50 years old. I had never heard of this film before, and I had trouble finding many reviews for it, so I was going in with a blank slate.

Kung Fu’s Hero ended up being a totally wild ride, but simultaneously boring in parts. The story is extremely weak, the character growth is non-existent, and the pacing is extremely slow in parts. There is a stunning lack of music for scenes that are supposed to be exciting, and the low production values are very noticeable.

However, it was still an incredibly fun movie to watch. The star, Nick Cheung Lik, basically carries the movie on his shoulders. He is charismatic and his martial arts skill is very impressive. His fight scenes are all so much fun to watch, and very creative in parts. The action takes up such a large fraction of the runtime, and some of his character’s physical feats are totally ridiculous. The finale goes on and on and on and on, but there are moments that are really satisfying, and the amount of running that Nick Cheung Lik has to do without breaking a sweat is wonderful. Overall, not a great movie, but a fun one, and a great time with an excited crowd.

There was a brief intermission and then a second trailer reel started. This one contained trailers for films that were playing at the New Bev later in the month, including Dazed and Confused, After Hours, and Donnie Darko.

The next film was The Young Dragon, also known as Bruce’s Deadly Fingers, which was from the same director of Kung Fu’s Hero and co-stars Nick Cheung Lik. However, the film’s real star is Bruce Le, famous Bruceploitation actor. The film print didn’t look as nice as Kung Fu’s Hero with noticeable dirt and red patches that covered part of the image. I also noticed that the audio occasionally cut out when “Bruce Lee” was mentioned, though it is still mentioned once or twice at the beginning.

I hadn’t seen this film before either, but I’m aware that it received a Blu-ray release, so I figured it might be one of the better Bruceploitation films. Unfortunately, I thought Bruce’s Deadly Fingers was kinda a chore to sit through. There were still enjoyable and funny moments throughout, mainly the fights with Nick Cheung Lik which were significantly better than any other fight in the film. Even his use of nunchucks was better than the star of the film who’s supposed to be a Bruce Lee impersonator.

Additionally, Nora Miao looks bored out of her mind being there, and the story is again non-existent. Every time they cut to Michael Chan and Nick Cheung, it felt like they weren't even part of the same movie. The female characters are unbearably helpless. The same goes for Kung Fu’s Hero, but it was exhausting to see them get rescued on three separate occasions in the same film. And the dialogue was incredibly repetitive too. There are about 100 mentions of the “kung fu finger book” which is the macguffin that sets the film in motion. Overall, I didn't really like Bruce's Deadly Fingers, though there were moments that made the entire audience laugh.

Despite me not liking the second film, I still just felt grateful to be back at the New Bev, watching and reacting to a movie on the big screen. I still had an amazing time overall, and I can’t wait to go back again to enjoy another double feature, and to see what Hong Kong treasures that Quinn and Tarantino have in-store. Thank you again for being the best, New Beverly Cinema.

NOTE: I quickly checked out the Blu-ray for Bruce's Deadly Fingers after seeing it at the New Bev. The scan they have on the Blu-ray is outstanding, and I noticed that there is an entirely different cut of the film on it as the main feature. All of the "deleted scenes" on the Blu-ray were in "The Young Dragon" print, but other scenes were missing throughout.

Here are some photos from the night:

IMG_1871.thumb.JPG.14a229790f4b7285adf53981a0c04282.JPG

IMG_1873.thumb.JPG.a7a3db8aa0d670fc72d49d34b5039888.JPGIMG_1869.thumb.JPG.94bcde31331f182e31cbf9960bf28c33.JPG

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The New Beverly just released a teaser trailer for the movies playing in July:

Seems there will be a few Hong Kong movies next month, including a Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2 double feature. Also Fist of Fury Part 2 with The Big Boss Part 2.

For other Asian cinema, there's also King Kong vs Godzilla, and an anime movie that I can't identify at 1:09 (Ghost in the Shell?).

I actually got to see a OUATIC double feature on 35mm film at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood a few years ago. If I recall correctly, the prints are both Cantonese w/ Chinese/English subtitles. The first film was also slightly trimmed in parts throughout. I believe it was a shorter version of the film. I also got to see Fist of Fury Part 2 with the original Fist of Fury in 2014 (the first writeup on this thread). But I haven't seen The Big Boss Part 2, though I really want to since it hasn't recently a release yet. (Fist of Fury Part 2 is dubbed, and I think The Big Boss Part 2 is Mandarin with subtitles)

The schedule for July looks amazing (I'm praying that the OUATIC double feature doesn't play while I happen to be out of town)!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KenHashibe said:

and an anime movie that I can't identify at 1:09 (Ghost in the Shell?).

That's Kill Bill Vol. 1, actually :laugh

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 6/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, KenHashibe said:

Afterwards, the first film, Kung Fu’s Hero, started and I was shocked by how pristine the film looked despite being almost 50 years old. I had never heard of this film before, and I had trouble finding many reviews for it, so I was going in with a blank slate.

Kung Fu’s Hero ended up being a totally wild ride, but simultaneously boring in parts. The story is extremely weak, the character growth is non-existent, and the pacing is extremely slow in parts. There is a stunning lack of music for scenes that are supposed to be exciting, and the low production values are very noticeable.

However, it was still an incredibly fun movie to watch. The star, Nick Cheung Lik, basically carries the movie on his shoulders. He is charismatic and his martial arts skill is very impressive. His fight scenes are all so much fun to watch, and very creative in parts. The action takes up such a large fraction of the runtime, and some of his character’s physical feats are totally ridiculous. The finale goes on and on and on and on, but there are moments that are really satisfying, and the amount of running that Nick Cheung Lik has to do without breaking a sweat is wonderful. Overall, not a great movie, but a fun one, and a great time with an excited crowd.

Good write-up @KenHashibe, I would have loved to catch this screening as its a favourite Old School movie of mine. Enjoyed reading your thoughts on this flick. Glad to hear it was screened in pristine quality, I've only viewed poor quality bootleg prints.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2021 at 6:14 PM, KenHashibe said:

Seems there will be a few Hong Kong movies next month, including a Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2 double feature. Also Fist of Fury Part 2 with The Big Boss Part 2.

I actually got to see a OUATIC double feature on 35mm film at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood a few years ago. If I recall correctly, the prints are both Cantonese w/ Chinese/English subtitles. The first film was also slightly trimmed in parts throughout. I believe it was a shorter version of the film. I also got to see Fist of Fury Part 2 with the original Fist of Fury in 2014 (the first writeup on this thread). But I haven't seen The Big Boss Part 2, though I really want to since it hasn't recently a release yet. (Fist of Fury Part 2 is dubbed, and I think The Big Boss Part 2 is Mandarin with subtitles)

I also do remember when the Egyptian Theatre showed that "Once Upon ATIC" double feature.  I still feel bad that I missed it though.  I didn't know you were able to see it.

Do you remember if a bunch of Jet Li movie trailers were shown, before that "OUATIC" dble feature?

I did see "The Big Boss Pt. 2", when it had a screening at The New Beverly around 2 or 3 years ago.  I forgot if it was a good movie or not.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:14 PM, KenHashibe said:

The schedule for July looks amazing (I'm praying that the OUATIC double feature doesn't play while I happen to be out of town)!

The "OUATIC" double feature will be shown on Monday, 7/12/21 at 7:30p.  If I get a chance to see it this time, I sure hope I'll be able to buy a ticket before it might sell out, after tickets become available.

• Like 3

Here is the July 2021 calendar:

NewBev202107-FRONT-FINAL-v2.jpgNewBev202107-BACK-FINAL-v2.jpg

For Kung Fu films, there's The Big Boss Part 2 and Fist of Fury Part 2 on July 5th, and Once Upon a Time in China and Once Upon a Time in China 2 on July 12th. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town during the first double feature, but I will certainly be there for the OUATIC double feature on the 12th! I'll keep everyone updated for ticket sales.

There's also King Kong Vs Godzilla at midnight on July 10th. I'm also determined to get tickets for Gunpowder Milkshake which co-stars Michelle Yeoh.

Overall an amazing schedule and I can't wait to go back soon!

On 6/14/2021 at 7:34 PM, Takuma said:

That's Kill Bill Vol. 1, actually :laugh

Oh my, well ... I'm embarrassed. :laugh It's been so long since I last watched it.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, DragonClaws said:

Good write-up @KenHashibe, I would have loved to catch this screening as its a favourite Old School movie of mine. Enjoyed reading your thoughts on this flick. Glad to hear it was screened in pristine quality, I've only viewed poor quality bootleg prints.

Thank you @DragonClaws! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! I think it would be a perfect movie from Pearl River to pick up. The print looks fantastic, and I think it would be great for a telecine.

On 6/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, wackiechan said:

I also do remember when the Egyptian Theatre showed that "Once Upon ATIC" double feature.  I still feel bad that I missed it though.  I didn't know you were able to see it.

Do you remember if a bunch of Jet Li movie trailers were shown, before that "OUATIC" dble feature?

I did see "The Big Boss Pt. 2", when it had a screening at The New Beverly around 2 or 3 years ago.  I forgot if it was a good movie or not.

The "OUATIC" double feature will be shown on Monday, 7/12/21 at 7:30p.  If I get a chance to see it this time, I sure hope I'll be able to buy a ticket before it might sell out, after tickets become available.

It was a great experience, but a small crowd, so not a lot of reactions. Both prints were subbed, but I'm not sure if they will be the same prints screened at the Hollywood Theatre. Also, there weren't any trailers played at that screening unfortunately.

I'm sure it would sell out fast, but I'll be sure to let everyone when the New Bev announces when the tickets go on sale.

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 6

I wish I could attend some of these screenings that QT and Dan Halsted of Portlands Hollywood Theatre puts on. It must certainly be amazing to view these movies on the big screen with like mindes nuts. 

• Like 1

UPDATE:

The New Beverly posted on Instagram earlier today that tickets for July will go on sale tomorrow, randomly throughout the day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQeNSGnNQPQ/

On 6/20/2021 at 2:52 AM, Django said:

I wish I could attend some of these screenings that QT and Dan Halsted of Portlands Hollywood Theatre puts on. It must certainly be amazing to view these movies on the big screen with like mindes nuts. 

It really is an amazing experience! Would highly recommend to any kung fu/Hong Kong to visit LA at least once for one of these screenings. Some of my all-time favorite movie-going experiences have been the HK movies at the New Bev. The audience reactions, the atmosphere, and just the experience of the movie on the big screen is something that needs to be seen. Hope you can visit one day!

• Like 3

Tickets are on sale now! Just got tickets for OUATIC on July 12th and Gunpowder Milkshake on July 14th.

• Like 3