Kung Fu Screenings at the New Beverly Cinema in LA

KenHashibe

It appears that the New Beverly will now have weekly Grindhouse Tuesdays. On October 14, 2014, the New Beverly Cinema will have a double feature screening of The Big Boss and The Big Boss Part 2 (starring Bruce Le) presented by the Grindhouse Film Festival.The week after (October 21) will be a double-bill for Fist of Fury and Fist of Fury Part 2 starring Bruce Li. The next week (October 28) is Snake in the Monkey's Shadow and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. What a line-up!

Apparently, Tarantino had fired the original program manager because he was showing movies digitally at the theater so Tarantino's taking over and is showing films from his own collection. We might be able to expect more HK movies now that they're showing Grindhouse Tuesdays weekly, which is very exciting! What are your thoughts? For me, I think this is really cool. Hopefully these screenings get really good turnouts!

Here's the full calendar (kind of hard to read):

https://www.facebook.com/newbeverlycinema/photos/p.10152229169760904/10152229169760904/?type=1&theater

• Like 1

What are your thoughts?

Here are my thoughts, because that October schedule looks disappointing:

Instead of the "Big Boss" and "Fist of Fury" double features, how about a dble feature of "Way of the Dragon" and "Bruce's Secret(A Bruce Li movie w/ a scene that makes fun of "WotD"'s restaurant scene)"?

Or "The Game of Death(Bruce Lee vs. Dan Inosanto)"/"Chinese Stuntman(Bruce Li vs. Inosanto)"?

Since that Lone Wolf and Cub dble feature will be shown, maybe it'd be good to show the Henry Sanada ninja movies "Shogun's Ninja"/"Ninja in the Dragon's Den" back-to-back.

Too bad "The 7 Brothers Meet Dracula" will be shown, instead of the uncut "Legend Of The Seven Golden Vampires". If it's true that The Lincoln Center in New York City showed "LOTSGV" in an Asian Film Fest this year, then I wonder why can't the New Bev do the same, and not the U.S. edited release?

Here are my thoughts, because that October schedule looks disappointing:

I actually like the schedule a lot. They're showing HK movies than ever before in a month as well as a Lone Wolf and Cub double feature. Sure, they might be shown in English, but I can bear it just to watch Fist of Fury on the big screen.

Instead of the "Big Boss" and "Fist of Fury" double features, how about a dble feature of "Way of the Dragon" and "Bruce's Secret(A Bruce Li movie w/ a scene that makes fun of "WotD"'s restaurant scene)"?

Or "The Game of Death(Bruce Lee vs. Dan Inosanto)"/"Chinese Stuntman(Bruce Li vs. Inosanto)"?

Well, we can't just pick-and-choose. Obtaining some of these prints is hard. Now that Tarantino's in the house, NO Digital Ever. But these are still pretty good ideas for double-bills and if they do have these prints, they'd make great double features. I'm thinking you could contact them and leave suggestions, but they can't do everything. I'm going to try to attend the Fist of Fury double feature on the 21st.

Since that Lone Wolf and Cub dble feature will be shown, maybe it'd be good to show the Henry Sanada ninja movies "Shogun's Ninja"/"Ninja in the Dragon's Den" back-to-back.

I would buy tickets for that in a heart beat! :tongue: I'd do (almost) anything to watch Ninja in the Dragon's Den on the big screen. It's one of the coolest movies ever. It'd be great with an audience.

EDIT:

You know what? I'd love for there to be a double feature for Fist of Fury and Fist of Fury 1991. I've always insisted that comedies and action movies are the best movies to watch with an audience and if they could get a print of Fist of Fury 1991, they should make this happen. Anyone with me? Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

• Administrator

I'm kind of stunned that anyone would be so critical about these screenings instead of ecstatic at the opportunity. :squigglemouth: But to each his own I guess. Just because someone on the East Coast showed a 35mm print of something doesn't mean that everyone has access to it. It's not like they rented it from Netflix, and so can any other theaters. :wink: A lot of these film prints are extremely rare, not easy or convenient to properly store (which is why few people collect them), and they are very expensive to ship.

Ken, I'm with you- this is great news! Oh how I wish this theater was in Philly! :nerd: The opportunity to see these films in 35mm... :tongue: I wonder if Quentin will do his thing with showing lots of rare trailers before and in between the features? :smile:

Shit, if I had the money, I'd fly out to California to see that LONE WOLF & CUB double-feature.

Shaolin Patriot

Thanks for the tip. The New Bev theater has been on hiatus during Sept. I'm glad to see the lineup for Oct. I'll try to make it out for at least a few of them.

I wonder if Quentin will do his thing with showing lots of rare trailers before and in between the features? :smile:

They've always shown trailers before but usually not between the features. I've heard in a few interviews that Tarantino has a huge trailer collection. It'd be really cool if they showed trailers during the intermission. The trailers that are shown before the first feature are a lot of fun to watch and are usually trailers that I'd never seen before. One time, they even showed a 35mm trailer for Burning Ambition (1989). I didn't even know a HK trailer still existed for that movie.

If I had the money, I'd fly out to California to see that LONE WOLF & CUB double-feature.

I know how much you like Lone Wolf and Cub. Apparently enough that you'd make a poster of it (a very well-made poster I'd like to add).

Thanks for the tip. The New Bev theater has been on hiatus during Sept. I'm glad to see the lineup for Oct. I'll try to make it out for at least a few of them.

No problem. Good to hear that you might be able to attend. They should be a lot of fun to go to. The New Beverly was closed for renovations in September, all of which are listed here.

Secret Executioner

How to put this without sounding rude ? You lucky basterds !!! :tongue:

If a place in my area was to offer such stuff, I'd hang out alot out there.

• Administrator

Enjoy! :nerd:

They've always shown trailers before but usually not between the features. I've heard in a few interviews that Tarantino has a huge trailer collection. It'd be really cool if they showed trailers during the intermission. The trailers that are shown before the first feature are a lot of fun to watch and are usually trailers that I'd never seen before. One time, they even showed a 35mm trailer for Burning Ambition (1989). I didn't even know a HK trailer still existed for that movie.

Oh man, that's so sweet!

I know how much you like Lone Wolf and Cub. Apparently enough that you'd make a poster of it (a very well-made poster I'd like to add).

Yes, I'm nuts about these films (and the manga)! Thanks man. :wink: I actually have three drawings based on the films :angel:, and sketches/plans for several more. :tongue: Curious- which one have you seen?

If a place in my area was to offer such stuff, I'd hang out alot out there.

You and me both! I'm envious, but excited for the fans that get to attend. I hope they post about it.

Don't worry. If I was in your situation, I'd probably say the same thing. :tongue:

Yes, I'm nuts about these films (and the manga)! Thanks man. :wink: I actually have three drawings based on the films :angel:, and sketches/plans for several more. :tongue: Curious- which one have you seen?

I'd only seen a few episodes of the TV show, which are interesting, but that's about it. I just remembered that my local library has six of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies on DVD, but I hadn't watched them for some reason (There's a lot of Japanese and Chinese in the area). I'll probably pick a few of them up the next time I go because, from what I've heard, they're pretty good.

You and me both! I'm envious, but excited for the fans that get to attend. I hope they post about it.

Don't worry, we will. As much as I'd like to attend all of these screenings, I can't. I live maybe 15 miles from the theater and traffic's pretty bad. Also I can't go out to the movies weekly, but if I'm only going to attend one, it'd be the Fist of Fury double feature. I wouldn't want to pass up watching this movie on the big screen in 35mm film with an audience. Fist of Fury is my favorite Bruce Lee movie and apparently the sequel's good too. If I go, I'll definitely write about the experience. As cool as this all is, I can't wait to see next month's line-up! I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm about to leave for the Fist of Fury double feature in about half an hour. The Facebook post says that both movies will be shown in their original Chinese versions which I'm very excited about. I'll make sure to post about the experience tomorrow. See you guys soon! :wink:

The former movie channel(in the L.A. area) called The Z Channel showed "Lightning Swords of Death" at one time. At another time, maybe around April 1982, The Z Channel showed "Shogun Assassin".

I saw parts of "Lightning SoD" on Z Channel. Based on what I remember, it had an INCREDIBLE action scene when the main character was fighting a bunch of other guys. I don't want to give anything away about that scene, but you just have to see it to believe it. It seems strange that it wasn't until I recently went to Amoeba Music in Hollywood, that I found out more info that "LSoD" is the U.S. dubbed version of "Baby Cart Goes To Hades(Part 3 in the series)".

I missed the chance to see "Shogun Assassin" on Z Channel. Los Angeles Magazine said The Z Channel was the best pay TV/cable TV channel. The magazine seemed to be right. I wish I can somehow get some back issues of the colorful and interesting Z Channel Magazine.

I saw the 10/14/14 dble ftr of "Big Boss"/"Big Boss 2". "Big Boss" was very good, of course, but it was a scratchy and somewhat faded print, in Mandarin w/ English subtitles. That was the 2nd time I saw it in a theatre. The first time was when I saw "Big Boss" at L.A. Chinatown's Royal Pagoda Theatre back in the early '70s.

Trailers shown were: "Green Hornet(movie w/ some of Bruce's scenes from the '66 TV show edited together, not the Seth Rogen movie)", "Chinese Connection", "Fist of Fear, Touch of Death".

"Big Boss 2" was ok. Lo Lieh was good w/ his fight scenes though. "BB2" also was in Mandarin w/ Eng subtitles.

the Fist of Fury double feature. I wouldn't want to pass up watching this movie on the big screen in 35mm film with an audience.

I already saw "Fist of Fury" at S.F.'s 4 Star Theatre at around 2003, during an Asian Film Festival. Again, the first time I saw "Fist of Fury" was at L.A. Chtwn's Royal Pagoda Theatre in the early '70s.

I hope you had a good time watching the "Fist of Fury" dble ftr, Ken.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Tarantino just moved up a couple of notches in my cool book. Without his stamp, New Beverly would have been turned into a subway station and a Sam's haircut for Men barber Shop. I think we all can agree Tarantino is putting the art and integrity back into the film community.

• Administrator
I'd only seen a few episodes of the TV show, which are interesting, but that's about it. I just remembered that my local library has six of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies on DVD, but I hadn't watched them for some reason (There's a lot of Japanese and Chinese in the area). I'll probably pick a few of them up the next time I go because, from what I've heard, they're pretty good.

The TV show is good, but the films are excellent! :nerd: This film series is in my top favorite films (of all genres) of all time. Make sure you watch them in order though. Here's the proper order:

1. SWORD OF VENGEANCE (1972, Japan, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 1; Baby Cart1)

2. BABY CART AT THE RIVER STYX (1972, Japan, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 2; Baby Cart 2)

3. BABY CART AT HADES (1972, Japan, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 3; Baby Cart 3; Shogun Assassin 2: Lightning Swords of Death)

4. BABY CART IN PERIL (1972, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 4; Baby Cart 4; Shogun Assassin 3: Slashing Blades of Carnage)

5. BABY CART IN THE LAND OF DEMONS (1973, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 5; Baby Cart 5; Shogun Assassin 4: Five Fistfuls of Gold)

6. WHITE HEAVEN IN HELL (1973, Japan, aka. Lone Wolf and Cub 6; Baby Cart 6; Shogun Assassin 5: Cold Road To Hell )

Don't worry, we will. As much as I'd like to attend all of these screenings, I can't. I live maybe 15 miles from the theater and traffic's pretty bad.

Wow, really? :ooh: Things are so much different here in Pennsylvania. I could easily drive 45 miles from home in an hour, so 15 miles is nothing. I've always heard that traffic is ridiculous there, but I guess never having experienced it I can't picture it. How long a ride is it to make the 15 mile trek? Can't you take public trans to make it faster and easier?

Also I can't go out to the movies weekly, but if I'm only going to attend one, it'd be the Fist of Fury double feature. I wouldn't want to pass up watching this movie on the big screen in 35mm film with an audience. Fist of Fury is my favorite Bruce Lee movie and apparently the sequel's good too. If I go, I'll definitely write about the experience. As cool as this all is, I can't wait to see next month's line-up! I'll keep you guys updated.

Going to the movies these days is so expensive, so I hear you on the not every week thing. But as you said- ths one can't be missed. :bigsmile:

I'm about to leave for the Fist of Fury double feature in about half an hour. The Facebook post says that both movies will be shown in their original Chinese versions which I'm very excited about. I'll make sure to post about the experience tomorrow. See you guys soon! :wink:

Looking forward to your post about it.

The former movie channel(in the L.A. area) called The Z Channel showed "Lightning Swords of Death" at one time. At another time, maybe around April 1982, The Z Channel showed "Shogun Assassin".

I saw parts of "Lightning SoD" on Z Channel. Based on what I remember, it had an INCREDIBLE action scene when the main character was fighting a bunch of other guys. I don't want to give anything away about that scene, but you just have to see it to believe it. It seems strange that it wasn't until I recently went to Amoeba Music in Hollywood, that I found out more info that "LSoD" is the U.S. dubbed version of "Baby Cart Goes To Hades(Part 3 in the series)".

I missed the chance to see "Shogun Assassin" on Z Channel. Los Angeles Magazine said The Z Channel was the best pay TV/cable TV channel. The magazine seemed to be right. I wish I can somehow get some back issues of the colorful and interesting Z Channel Magazine.

IMHO the best way to see the films is in their original, uncut, subtitled form. But SHOGUN ASSASSIN is freaking awesome too! All the films have fantastic action and atmosphere.

I saw the 10/14/14 dble ftr of "Big Boss"/"Big Boss 2". "Big Boss" was very good, of course, but it was a scratchy and somewhat faded print, in Mandarin w/ English subtitles. That was the 2nd time I saw it in a theatre. The first time was when I saw "Big Boss" at L.A. Chinatown's Royal Pagoda Theatre back in the early '70s.

Trailers shown were: "Green Hornet(movie w/ some of Bruce's scenes from the '66 TV show edited together, not the Seth Rogen movie)", "Chinese Connection", "Fist of Fear, Touch of Death".

"Big Boss 2" was ok. Lo Lieh was good w/ his fight scenes though. "BB2" also was in Mandarin w/ Eng subtitles.

Sounds great! How the crowd? Were there a lot of people in attendance, and were they really into it?

I already saw "Fist of Fury" at S.F.'s 4 Star Theatre at around 2003, during an Asian Film Festival. Again, the first time I saw "Fist of Fury" was at L.A. Chtwn's Royal Pagoda Theatre in the early '70s.

Three times now in 35mm? You lucky guy! :tongue:

Tarantino just moved up a couple of notches in my cool book. Without his stamp, New Beverly would have been turned into a subway station and a Sam's haircut for Men barber Shop. I think we all can agree Tarantino is putting the art and integrity back into the film community.

I don't like hoagies nor haircuts, so I also approve! :xd:

Shaolin Patriot

How did it go last night? Unfortunately, I got hung up at work. :cry:

WARNING: If you're allergic to long posts (you know who you are), you might want to leave. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy reading!

We started off our evening by going to...aww, screw it. None of you care about me going to Pink’s Hot Dogs (though it’s highly recommended). Guess who I saw at the theater last night? None other than Tarantino himself. I was assuming that he would be too busy, but it was cool to see him attend his own theater. I didn’t get to talk to him because meeting people I respect intimidates the crap out of me and I didn’t get an autograph/picture because there was a sign outside that said not to and surprisingly everyone cooperated. It was as if he was any other audience member.

The first thing I noticed when I get into the theater is all of the posters. Maybe too many to name, but they were really cool to see. The theater had provided copies of magazine called Kung Fu Monthly Issue 44 which had a big article about Bruce Lee in it. No raffle this time, but after the movies were introduced, first came a 16mm print (I think) of Bruce Lee’s audition tape for The Green Hornet. I’m sure you all can quote it. “My last name is Lee, Bruce Lee. I was born in San Francisco, 1940.” That one. And I must say, watching this interview before watching Fist of Fury really makes you appreciate Bruce Lee a lot more while watching it.

Next was the trailer reel which included trailers for The Big Boss (retitled Fists of Fury), The Green Hornet, and Circle of Iron (a.k.a. The Silent Flute). The Golden Harvest logo appeared and I was ultra-excited. The print was in Cantonese with English subs and it was a relatively nice print considering that the movie’s about 42 years old. Watching Fist of Fury in 35mm with an audience on the big screen was one of the exciting things I had ever watched. The audience loved the movie too and by the end of the movie, there was a huge applause. I’ll leave it at that simply because I can’t express how excited I was properly. Watching Fist of Fury last night was amazing.

The movie ended and there was an unfittingly upbeat cartoon intermission which advertised the crap out of the snack bar. The intermission ends and hey look, it’s a video of John Waters telling us not to smoke in the theater while he has a cigarette in his mouth (which was hilarious I might add). And to my surprise, there was another trailer reel which was better than the last. This one included Exit the Dragon Enter the Tiger, Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow (retitled The Eagle’s Shadow and was probably the most entertaining trailer for the movie I’d ever seen), and Snake in the Monkey’s Shadow (retitled Snake Fist vs. The Dragon).

Our next feature, Fist of Fury Part 2, starts and in not too many words, in comparison to the first film, it was pretty bad. It turned out to be an English dub. There were a few unintentional laughs (Bill Nye the Interpreter Guy?), but it was not very fun and sometimes even boring. The audience wasn't very into it either. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we had just watched Fist of Fury which is beyond compare, but I was disappointed and underwhelmed. I’m going stop talking about this movie because (1) it would reflect badly on this otherwise awesome experience and (2) because I’m going to get beaten up if I speak badly about this movie anymore.

Overall, a very fun night! I got to see a bunch of trailers, a Bruce Lee interview, Fist of Fury, and QT himself. I got to see a whole bunch of cool posters and I got to take home a copy of an interesting magazine. There was a great turnout last night too. The audience was really digging it too and it was one of the most exciting experiences I ever had in a theater.

Long post, sorry, but I’m looking forward to seeing what this theater has to offer next month.

I hope you had a good time watching the "Fist of Fury" dble ftr, Ken.

Thanks! I did if you couldn't tell. :tongue: If I had the chance to watch this movie again on the big screen, I totally would. 10 out of 10, would do again!

Tarantino just moved up a couple of notches in my cool book. I think we all can agree Tarantino is putting the art and integrity back into the film community.

Man, he's so cool that he attends his own theater and meets his fans. He knows what his fans like.

Going to the movies these days is so expensive, so I hear you on the not every week thing. But as you said- ths one can't be missed. :bigsmile:

Mainstream theaters are overpriced, but the price isn't the problem at the New Beverly. It's the driving. If I was within walking distance of the theater, I'd go there almost daily. Speaking of driving...

Wow, really? :ooh: Things are so much different here in Pennsylvania. I could easily drive 45 miles from home in an hour, so 15 miles is nothing. I've always heard that traffic is ridiculous there, but I guess never having experienced it I can't picture it. How long a ride is it to make the 15 mile trek? Can't you take public trans to make it faster and easier?

45 miles in an hour? That sounds other-worldly in Los Angeles. Driving there can take from 40-60 minutes! If there was little traffic (there almost never is), maybe 30 minutes. Public transportation would be nice but there's no direct way to get there.

How did it go last night? Unfortunately, I got hung up at work. :cry:

Ooh, I'm sorry for saying how fun it was. I hope you can make it out next time they have a HK movie screening. Hopefully that'll be sometime soon. :wink:

OpiumKungFuCracker

@KenHashibe, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading your movie theater experience. Honestly when I was reading your post, you make me feel like I was there sharing the same experience you were sharing. And, just like you when I see someone I admire or respect regardless of celebrity status, I feel intimidated too. I also love the fact that there was a sign that said, no pictures or autographs for Tarantino. That makes the experience even better because you get to view Tarantino as a paid attendee, or a normal human being, hahaha! Do you live in or near L.A?? You're right about the traffic, especially a major city like L.A, traffic is absolutely horrible. Traffic and overpopulation are two factors that prevents me from going out in public places.

• Administrator

Ken, I agree with Opium- loved your post brother! It's great to read something of significance instead of a simple few word post. The extra stuff that QT showed really made it into an event- not just a screening. Sounds like a great time!

As for the traveling situation... yeah, that sounds like a drag. Around here there are interstates or the turnpike to get you where you want to go with ease. Sure, it gets gridlocked in Center City Philadelphia. But I try to only go there when I really have to, and during the less traveled hours.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the next double-feature event you attend. :nerd:

Killer Meteor

Our next feature, Fist of Fury Part 2, starts and in not too many words, in comparison to the first film, it was pretty bad. It turned out to be an English dub. There were a few unintentional laughs (Bill Nye the Interpreter Guy?), but it was not very fun and sometimes even boring. The audience wasn't very into it either. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we had just watched Fist of Fury which is beyond compare, but I was disappointed and underwhelmed. I’m going stop talking about this movie because (1) it would reflect badly on this otherwise awesome experience and (2) because I’m going to get beaten up if I speak badly about this movie anymore.

:

I'm jealous - I'd love to have been there just for Fist of Fury 2, it's one of my faves (not saying it's any good, though!)

Morgoth Bauglir

Awesome stuff Ken!

I actually like Fist of Fury 2 more than Fist of Fury!

Looking forward to hearing about the next screening. Ninja Hunter 1 and 2 preferably!

I'm about to commit freaking seppuku if I hear one more person say they haven't seen the LWaC movies!:xd:

Nice rundown - no pics?

May have to fly out for one of these, give me a good reason as any to get back to LA.

At first I was afraid of making a post too long, but apparently you guys liked it a lot. So if you don't mind, here's another long post...

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading your movie theater experience. Honestly when I was reading your post, you make me feel like I was there sharing the same experience you were sharing.

Ken, I agree with Opium- loved your post brother! It's great to read something of significance instead of a simple few word post.

Awesome stuff Ken!

Wow, thank you for the overwhelming amount of nice comments. Especially Opium. That's one of the most encouraging comments I'd ever been given. Sharing the experience was my goal so thank you for your responses.

Do you live in or near L.A?? You're right about the traffic, especially a major city like L.A, traffic is absolutely horrible. Traffic and overpopulation are two factors that prevents me from going out in public places.

I live in LA County, about 15 miles from the theater. Where in LA County? Ha, you wish you knew (Just kidding :tongue:). And yes, traffic's pretty bad.

The extra stuff that QT showed really made it into an event- not just a screening. Sounds like a great time!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the next double-feature event you attend. :nerd:

It was a great time, especially with all of the extras provided by QT to make the event even more fun. I find your comment bizarre almost. Not only are people looking forward to the next double feature, but they're also looking forward to me writing about it. :ooh:

keanu-woah.jpg

Looking forward to hearing about the next screening. Ninja Hunter 1 and 2 preferably!

I was thinking that they should do a ninja double feature; Ninja Terminator and Ninja in the Dragon's Den. If they actually did that, I would buy tickets for that in an instant.

Nice rundown - no pics?

Thanks for the comment and yes, I have a few pictures from the event. Mostly pics of some really cool posters.

The sign outside the theater:

wasfhl.jpg

Fist of Fury Part 2 was actually shown in English, they made a mistake:

mt4hhg.jpg

2weielu.jpg

If you look closely, the table on the right has copies of the Kung Fu Monthly magazines:

2hxoljo.jpg

2hqs7y1.jpg

wrl1sl.jpg

nq32o0.jpg

ixavci.jpg

Sorry Opium. I totally forgot to take a picture of the "no pictures/autographs from QT" sign. Next time I go, I'll make sure to do so.

Since you guys don't mind, next time I go to a double feature, I'm going to make another long post full of pictures and funny things that went on before/between the features. Speaking of which, when I was taking these pictures, someone walked in my way and one of the attendees said, "You walked in that kid's way, you son of a b!tch. You're ruining his art." Of course, he was kidding and I laughed. That's another thing, the audience is what makes watching these movies even more memorable. There are so many nice/funny people in attendance. Sharing the laughs and other reactions with an audience like that is price-less. Especially the applause which made the ending of Fist of Fury even more exhilarating.

November is right around the corner so I'm hoping that a new calendar will be posted soon. Hopefully there'll be more HK movies to come and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated.

• Like 1

• Administrator
I'm about to commit freaking seppuku if I hear one more person say they haven't seen the LWaC movies!:xd:

Right? :smile:

May have to fly out for one of these, give me a good reason as any to get back to LA.

If you're going to charter or steal a private plane, mind picking me up? I'll chip in for gas. :bigsmile:

At first I was afraid of making a post too long, but apparently you guys liked it a lot. So if you don't mind, here's another long post...

Are there really that few people left that want to READ?:smile: LOL I guess in this day and age of tweets and texts it may be a thing of the past. But I definitely appreciate a good read. Posts like the ones you, Takuma, Sheng, One Armed Boxer, Masterofoneinchpunch, and others (don't be offended if you weren't mentioned... it's not a definitive list. :wink:) write that have some meat on their bones are my favorites. I mean, if someone sees a film or goes to an event and posts "It was great." I do get what they're saying, but I always crave more details. So please feel free to share as many long posts as you wish. Those with short attention spans or things they'd rather do than read will simply skip or scan. I come to this forum to hear what others that are into the same things as me have to say, so I want to really hear their opinions and thoughts.

Wow, thank you for the overwhelming amount of nice comments. Especially Opium. That's one of the most encouraging comments I'd ever been given. Sharing the experience was my goal so thank you for your responses.

It was a great time, especially with all of the extras provided by QT to make the event even more fun. I find your comment bizarre almost. Not only are people looking forward to the next double feature, but they're also looking forward to me writing about it. :ooh:

Yeah man, I agree with Opium- we weren't able to be there, so it was like you "took us there". The next best thing to attending is hearing about it via another like-minded, appreciative fan. That's why when I went to something like the New York Asian Film Festival I try to write about it in detail for everyone else. Some of the best threads ever on this forum are like that... Teako's trip to Hong Kong... Peringaten's attendence of Lau Kar-Leung's funeral... One Armed Boxer's journey and experience at this year's Seni event meeting Hwang Jang-Lee and Scott Adkins... I couldn't be there, but at least I got to experience those journey's because of them sharing their stories.

Great photos! :nerd: Damn, you hooked us up. :tongue:

Since you guys don't mind, next time I go to a double feature, I'm going to make another long post full of pictures and funny things that went on before/between the features. Speaking of which, when I was taking these pictures, someone walked in my way and one of the attendees said, "You walked in that kid's way, you son of a b!tch. You're ruining his art." Of course, he was kidding and I laughed. That's another thing, the audience is what makes watching these movies even more memorable. There are so many nice/funny people in attendance. Sharing the laughs and other reactions with an audience like that is price-less. Especially the applause which made the ending of Fist of Fury even more exhilarating.

November is right around the corner so I'm hoping that a new calendar will be posted soon. Hopefully there'll be more HK movies to come and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated.

Love the comment the guy made. :xd:

Secret Executioner

Great pics, I love all those posters displayed (the foreign ones are nice touches) and I wish there was some place like that, cause this theater seems to be a place for movie fans (and I mean ACTUAL movie fans, not someone who claims liking movies because he/she downloaded entire franchises on the Internet and has Gb of DivX files on some hard drive or because he/she got to see the latest major box office hit).