Kite 2014

BaronK

It was okay, but it seemed like the lead was kind of bland. despite being able to handle the stunts well. I recently spoke to a South African actress, Liesl Ahlers, and she was actually the first runner up for the lead role, but she couldn't do the stunts required for the role at the time, but it would become her inspiration to begin learning martial arts (she is a brown belt in Hapkido to this day). Samuel L. Jackson was good in the film and kudos to Callan McAuliffe for his parkour skills. 

• Like 1

BornToDefense

When I was a kid I used to rent all kinds of anime tapes from blockbuster trying to find something as good as Akira and Ghost in the Shell, and of course a lot of them were very not age appropriate. One day I rented Kite, put it on, and I think it was the only time out of all those tapes that I turned it off because it felt like I shouldn't be watching it, probably about 5 or 10 minutes in. Special movie.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BornToDefense said:

When I was a kid I used to rent all kinds of anime tapes from blockbuster trying to find something as good as Akira and Ghost in the Shell, and of course a lot of them were very not age appropriate. One day I rented Kite, put it on, and I think it was the only time out of all those tapes that I turned it off because it felt like I shouldn't be watching it, probably about 5 or 10 minutes in. Special movie.

Was that the anime movie? I know the anime is very adult-rated. The live-action one is a bit toned down and was rated R. 

14 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Looks pretty good. 

It was okay, but heavily toned down from the anime. My only complaint was India Eisley felt kind of bland,...like she wasn't really interesting in terms of her acting. It just felt like she was just there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

It was okay, but heavily toned down from the anime. My only complaint was India Eisley felt kind of bland,...like she wasn't really interesting in terms of her acting. It just felt like she was just there. 

I should have known it would be kind of half-baked. It is a Hollywood anime adaption after all. Thanks for the heads up. I might still check it out if I find it cheap somewhere. 

• Like 1