The Man From U.N.C.L.E or Mission Imposable?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Me TV has these two on Sunday nights now:

The Man From U.N.C.L.E

Then>

Mission Imposable.

Which is your favorite.

Have not seen the MFU since i was a kid.

Its still is great and I prefer it to MI which is very redundant.

596146-uncle.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1378231897171

The-Man-from-UNCLE-007.jpg

Man_From_UNCLE_2_FSMCDVol6No17-748749.jpg

300px-MissionImpossible.jpg

peterlupus7.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
The two are enjoyable...

Did you also watch The girl from UNCLE ? It was great too.

Vaguely remember that show.

I was in the U.S. A. F. at the time.

After 9 months in the air force I did not watch TV until 1970's for the most part.

GDY-Y

Love the original M:I. Very clever and engaging almost the whole run of the show. Grew up watching reruns of this in the 90s right before the movies came out.

Love the original M:I. Very clever and engaging almost the whole run of the show. Grew up watching reruns of this in the 90s right before the movies came out.

Me too. I also liked the 88-89 series. I got those on DVD a couple of months ago. I do not care for the MI movies at all. To me, the tv show is tops. One of my favorite things about MI is all the great clothes everyone wore. The cuts of suits were so much better in those days and looked great.

MeTv is a cool channel. I've been watching Mission Impossible, Ironside, Night Gallery, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and CHIPs.

Rather than M.I., I much prefer the U.n.c.l.e series. No comparison, as Robert Vaughn had the charisma. McCallum was just as popular too, but the plotlines did Not give him much opportunity to exercise his talent. That's why I prefer Mr. McCallum in The Invisible Man series because he plays the main role, in fact, the titular role, so as the Invisible Man, he has so much opportunity to use his talent. Does anybody else here enjoy that Invisible Man series? Some of those episodes can be seen on youtube.

As for Robert Vaughn, it's ironic that when Mr. Vaughn became older, his filmic roles were as Villains. The one that stands out is when he acted in a science-fiction film as a Villain. Maybe somebody else here can recall that movie's title since I completely forgot. Unfortunately, it dismayed me because I was so used to him as the hero.

Although I much prefer U.n.c.l.e, I still watched M.I. but only when it added Leonard Nimoy. It's because I liked him as Mr. Spock on Star Trek, so I felt curious about seeing him again. Other than that, I much prefer U.n.c.l.e.

Archived