Deadpool (2016) Ryan Reynolds, Ed Skrein, Morena Baccarin, Gina Carano

AlbertV

Secret Executioner

That anotted (sp ?) script is hilarious. And the idea of a Deadpool/Colossus fight sounds sweet - Colossus is a great character from the X-Men series, way underused in movies.

That anotted (sp ?) script is hilarious. And the idea of a Deadpool/Colossus fight sounds sweet - Colossus is a great character from the X-Men series, way underused in movies.

Yes, there is a brief fight between the two from the trailers. However, original Colossus actor Daniel Cudmore (he played the role in X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand) opted not to come back and is replaced by 6'10" stuntman Andre Tricoteux. They said Colossus plays a very important role in the film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

"I don't have time for your X-Men BS Colossus.  Besides, no one is getting hurt..." (thunk):monk_laughing:

"$*#(@ Did I leave the stove on?"   LOLOLOLOLOOL

Oh crap, I simply must move school and earth to see this movie.  The great thing is, I've never been much of a Deadpool fan, but Reynolds is so damn perfect, just lifted me right up.

Thanks for posting that Albert. 

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi
  • Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

People keep referring this movie to Kick-Ass. I think they're missing the boat on this. Deadpool was doing the whole sarcastic comedy shtick way before Kick Ass was in conception. I don't know maybe it is another Kick Ass? I don't have a problem with that. I loved Kick Ass.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

People keep referring this movie to Kick-Ass. I think they're missing the boat on this. Deadpool was doing the whole sarcastic comedy shtick way before Kick Ass was in conception. I don't know maybe it is another Kick Ass? I don't have a problem with that. I loved Kick Ass.

You'll see people getting this kind of stuff wrong all the time and for a lot of things.

But while the idea and marketing sounds fun, it seems the more time passes, the more I have a feeling the movie will be annoying with fourth wall jokes and self-mocking all the time - Deadpool's monologue sometimes feels like someone's riffing the trailer.

• Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
On 12/27/2015 at 0:02 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

People keep referring this movie to Kick-Ass. I think they're missing the boat on this. Deadpool was doing the whole sarcastic comedy shtick way before Kick Ass was in conception.

This. I did not like Kick Ass (not a Mark Millar fan in the slightest), but I'm not a Deadpool reader either and I want to see this. I hope my schedule opens up enough to catch it while it's in the movies. 

Okay, I guess I am showing my age here. I don't get that billboard...

• Like 1

The billboard's meaning :)

Skull (Dead) + Poop (Poo) + L = Deadpool :)

It's coming out Valentine's Day weekend and I plan to see it that weekend :D My supervisor is awesome because she said her and her husband aren't into the whole romantic movie thing...they are comic geeks so they are spending their V-Day seeing Deadpool :D

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
59 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

The billboard's meaning :)

Skull (Dead) + Poop (Poo) + L = Deadpool :)

It's coming out Valentine's Day weekend and I plan to see it that weekend :D My supervisor is awesome because she said her and her husband aren't into the whole romantic movie thing...they are comic geeks so they are spending their V-Day seeing Deadpool :D

Ah.

Thanks Albert.

If I do see it, the cheap screening. Enjoy it.

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Finally watched this

Deadpool (USA, 2016) [VoD] - 3/5
I liked this more than I expected considering I quite often hate both superheroes and excessive post modernism. Deadpool is completely up its own ass, explaining its meta levels inside out so that even the dumbest viewer won't miss the jokes, and is generally afraid to do anything too clever or controversial. Admittedly that is the road to commercial success (see what happened to the excellent Spring Breakers, which is equally over-the-top but less vocal about being a meta-film). That being said, I had fairly decent time with Deadpool despite what it represents. Many of the idiotic jokes are amusing, the music is good, the storyline just about works, and even the normally mind numbingly boring superhero battles are sort of watchable.

• Like 3

Tomorrow, Deadpool, Deadpool 2, and Logan make history as the first R-rated feature films to hit the Disney+ service in the United States!!!

Ryan Reynolds wants you to know this:

• Like 2

Interesting. At this rate probably others who could be added, of course the inspiration from spiderman. Anyway deadpool isnt really even particularly cool looking as it is if you really break it down (black eyes red suit big deal).

AB0B48D8-AD99-4E1A-97B2-856409290E86.jpeg

9298B7B4-928C-4202-8532-C4CED29E0274.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 1

DarthKato

Finally watched it today and I loved every minute of it! I truly cannot think of a single thing about this movie that I didn't love. Even the music was damn good. I'll be watching the second movie tomorrow. Cannot wait! Rating: 5/5 

• Like 2

starschwar
6 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Finally watched it today and I loved every minute of it! I truly cannot think of a single thing about this movie that I didn't love. Even the music was damn good. I'll be watching the second movie tomorrow. Cannot wait! Rating: 5/5 

Be aware there's three very different cuts of the second movie out there.  While the unrated version does extend things somewhat, it also deletes material, including one of my favorite gags.  There's also "Once Upon a Deadpool" which is basically a TV edit repackaged as a PG-13 special version.  While it loses a lot of its edge, it is somewhat redeemed by the addition of a number of new bumper scenes that have some genuinely funny moments.  There's no one perfect version, so if you only watch one, I think your best bet is probably the theatrical version overall.  But as the wait for Part 3 looms, maybe work in the other two in the months ahead?

• Like 1

DarthKato
Posted (edited)

Well, I watched Deadpool 2 and it kind of sucked. It did have a few good spots, but mostly it was  just meh. Cringy humor, boring action scenes, awful characters, and a nonsensical plot. I hope Deadpool & Wolverine returns to form and gives us the sequel the first movie deserves. Rating2/5

Edited by DarthKato