Deadpool (2016) Ryan Reynolds, Ed Skrein, Morena Baccarin, Gina Carano

AlbertV

http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/mig/2/8/3/5/2292835-Deadpool_94210_screen.jpg

It finally is happening...February 12, 2016 will see the release of the long awaited movie revolving around the character of the sword-wielding, smart-talking hero known as Deadpool!!!!

Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick wrote the screenplay with Tim Miller expecting to direct. As for Ryan Reynolds, who played the character in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine', he is expected to come back to the superhero role he was meant for (and NOT Green Lantern).

Took years of fan talk and that recently leaked CGI footage with Reynolds doing the voiceover.

AiibN8EmIxE

CphFZGH5030

Here's some fun Deadpool clips in honor of this big news

eOnfDb8RxXU

vzhJixCzOc4

Edited by AlbertV

• Administrator

When I first saw that test footage, fairly recently on Face Book, I was blown away. That's exactly perfect as far as how the character should be played and how the action should be done.

Rob Liefeld, who created Deadpool, is super excited about the film:

"I am absolutely beyond thrilled that Deadpool has been officially announced!. I'm thrilled for Tim Miller, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick and Ryan Reynolds as well as all the guys at Blur Studio! This is a tremendous achievement for them!

Rhett and Paul wrote a brilliant, and I don't throw that word around loosely, a brilliant script! Audiences are going to go on the ride of their collective lives with this film as they envisioned it! Tim Miller is a genius, he is brilliant as everyone who witnessed the leaked footage witnessed! There is so much more to come! Deadpool fans will freak out when they see all that Tim and the boys have in store for them!

This is a huge triumph for all the fans that supported my work on New Mutants, X-Force over the years! The fans deserve this amazing gift from film makers who have proven they have what the fans desire! Very exciting! I know where Me and a gazillion fans will be on February 12th, 2016!"

Don't know who recently heard the latest but it was confirmed:

Deadpool will be part of Fox's X-Men Universe, which means he may make an appearance in X-Men: Apocalypse along with the spin-off.

That doesn't really make sense though, as, in the first Wolverine film, Deadpool was turned into this dude (played by Scott Adkins)...

WRqZ6Jx.jpg

If the next X-Men films take place after the first Wolvie film then that would mean Deadpool had his arm blades removed, his face reconstructed and his personality put back in place.

Unless the alternate timeline created in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (spoiler?) remedies all that.

That doesn't really make sense though, as, in the first Wolverine film, Deadpool was turned into this dude (played by Scott Adkins)...

WRqZ6Jx.jpg

If the next X-Men films take place after the first Wolvie film then that would mean Deadpool had his arm blades removed, his face reconstructed and his personality put back in place.

Unless the alternate timeline created in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (spoiler?) remedies all that.

There was a post-end credits sequence in Origins: Wolverine where you see him begin to put himself back together and gives a "shush" to the screen, so it's possible this can make sense, but we'll see if they actually attempt to explain it or just go, "meh" because of the timeline reset via DoFP.

marvel-xmen-origins.jpg

Well, it looks to be official....Ryan Reynolds is coming back as Deadpool...he posted a photo that looks to have made it the confirmation!!!

B4CTg3EIEAAq6nS.jpg

WRqZ6Jx.jpg

Fox hasn't really put much effort into keeping things consistent and chronological. Take a look at the mess that was the 1st Wolverine movie with all the other characters thrown in.

Liefeld created Deadpool as rip off of Deathstroke. It was the other writers and artists that made him the character people have grown to love.

Sort of mixed on this movie. It has potential but most of Ryan Reynolds has done the last couple years has been bad. I watched The Voices recently and it was bad. It could have been good, the premise was interesting but failed on execution. Also, Fox's Marvel movies have been a mixed bag. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. For me it has been half and half.

Colossus will appear in the film too, but it is unknown if Daniel Cudmore will return. He played the character three times, in X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

UPDATE: Daniel Cudmore has confirmed on Twitter that he will NOT return to reprise the role of Colossus. Sad because according to the script, the metal-skinned mutant is to have a bigger role than his cameos in the other X-Men films he appeared in.

Secret Executioner
UPDATE: Daniel Cudmore has confirmed on Twitter that he will NOT return to reprise the role of Colossus. Sad because according to the script, the metal-skinned mutant is to have a bigger role than his cameos in the other X-Men films he appeared in.

Guess the Deadpool movie is supposed to be in different continuity then.

Anyway, who would people see as Colossus now ? I'm not sure who I would cast, probably someone rather buff and muscular, as that's the way the character looks in classic stories (then again, Wolverine was never supposed to be some very tall and handsome guy but... Hugh Jackman got the part somehow).

Monica Baccarin is teasing that she will be playing the shapeshifting mutant Copycat and the new Transporter himself, Ed Skrein, is in the film in an unspecified role.

Cast members arrived in Vancouver as filming begins soon :)

Here he is...the first official photo of Ryan Reynolds in full Deadpool costume...freaking hilarious

deadpool-suit.jpg

Newcomer Brianna Hildebrand has joined the cast as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, a character who briefly appeared in Grant Morrison's "New X-Men" run.

Plus Ryan Reynolds has made it clear....he wants the movie to get an R-Rating! But ultimately it will be up to the studio, who are still unsure if they want PG-13 or R...I think to bring the true form of Deadpool...they gotta go with R!

Okay here's an update: Fox has confirmed that Deadpool will be getting the R rating the makers have wanted...and it was done on April 1 and it was done only in the way you would expect from Ryan Reynolds himself :D

tUEkqZxLyrg

Remember that famous CGI test footage that earned Deadpool the movie to begin with? Well, it looks like we are going to get that scene only it will partly be Ryan in the costume himself!

CB7nEjZVIAAtjRS.jpg

6'10" actor Andre Tricoteux is the new Colossus in the film, replacing X-Men franchise actor Daniel Cudmore. Here is a shot of Tricoteux wearing a motion capture suit grabbing Deadpool.

tricot_article.jpg?1433093763

And so everyone knows...Deadpool has completed principal shooting and post-production is happening as we speak.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

This just looks so on point I cannot skip it; a hard R funny comic book film, works for me. And for someone who never got into Deadpool in all my decades of comic book reading, that's pretty sweet.

• Like 1

If you haven't heard, Ryan Reynolds made a shocking confession last week.

He took one of the Deadpool suits after filming had completed!!!

Hey, I think after waiting so long to actually get the movie made, that's the least they should do for him.

• Like 2