Bruce Lee Golden Movie Annual, Book

mpm74

Anyone pick this up?

51zXN3-hbEL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Bruce-Lee-Golden-Movie-Annual/dp/0992680239/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410940998&sr=8-3&keywords=bruce+lee

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Lee-Golden-Movie-Annual/dp/0992680239

I like how the description says "Every page in this book has been meticulously restored back to its original press quality" (in other words, scanned from ebay auctions?) lol

Description: Bruce Lee: Golden Movie News Annual Originally published in April 1972, GOLDEN MOVIE NEWS was the publicity vehicle for Golden Harvest Studios. The magazine, published by Four Seas publications, was the official home for the latest movie news and gossip from Golden Harvest and their impressive stable of stars including the biggest of them all, Bruce Lee.

Prior to signing Bruce Lee in June 1971, Golden Harvest had only been in operation for barely a year, and were starting to become a struggling studio with an uncertain future, until Bruce Lee came along, and of course the rest is history.

Bruce Lee: Golden Movie News Annual is a compilation of every article relating to Bruce Lee, from issue one in April 1972, till issue fifteen in June 1973 when Lee himself would have viewed this content, and a month before his untimely passing on July 20th 1973.

Every page in this book has been meticulously restored back to its original press quality, giving the reader the best vision of an era when Chinese movie making was on the eve of a Worldwide phenomenon, and Bruce Lee would soon become a household name, synonamous with Kung Fu and action cinema.

Loads of colour pages along with a mix of black and white ones too, 181 pages in total

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent book for Lee fans.

Scanned from original copies of the magazine and cleaned up it looks fantastic as does the design of the book as an annual. Any Lee fan should pick this up as it contains a lot of rare pics as well.

Scanned from original copies of the magazine and cleaned up it looks fantastic as does the design of the book as an annual. Any Lee fan should pick this up as it contains a lot of rare pics as well.

English translations? Are the ads in there too?

"You think the'll make trouble?!"

masterofoneinchpunch

80 dollars on Amazon (US). It is hardcover so that is usually a plus (depending on the quality of the binding. I think I will wait for a few reviews before I decide. I am also curious if anyone here has picked it up or is going to (it sounds like David Rees has.) But I certainly would like to see a review or more elaboration on the book since it is so expensive (yes I've paid more for HK books.)

Secret Executioner

Looks like a nice one. Interesting that it's supposed to be a Golden Harvest paper yet the book focuses on Bruce Lee... Is the material in that book essentially focused on Bruce or is it just a way to sell more of these ?

OpiumKungFuCracker
Anyone pick this up?

51zXN3-hbEL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Bruce-Lee-Golden-Movie-Annual/dp/0992680239/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410940998&sr=8-3&keywords=bruce+lee

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Lee-Golden-Movie-Annual/dp/0992680239

I like how the description says "Every page in this book has been meticulously restored back to its original press quality" (in other words, scanned from ebay auctions?) lol

LMFAO!:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Do the articles have english translations?

No. Its basically every article on Bruce Lee from the magazine up until his death. There is some English in the articles of course anyway and lots of rare pictures.

No. Its basically every article on Bruce Lee from the magazine up until his death. There is some English in the articles of course anyway and lots of rare pictures.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm sorta 50/50 on it. It's just so expensive.... but i'm sure it's worth every penny.

Archived