Are there any DVDs with the HK or Chinese version of Game of Death with English subs

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Are there any DVDs with the HK or Chinese version of Game of Death with English subs availible? If so I would like to hear about it as I have been digging through eBay, Amazon and YesAsia for AGES looking. So far I have found many DVDs with the US version only and the Taiwanese DVD with no English subtitles.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just going to say I would have burned it for you but glad you got the original.

It's an awesome print. Just wish it had the Chi Hon Tse floor :-(

TheKungFuRobber
Was just going to say I would have burned it for you but glad you got the original.

It's an awesome print. Just wish it had the Chi Hon Tse floor :-(

Yah I agree that the HK version is way better. My stepfather taped it for me on Channel 4 (I still have it on tape). I can't stand the crappy dubbing on the International version. What version do you own?

I've actually thought about making a custom DVD of the HK cut using the Fortune Star master of the US version and filling in the gaps with the remastered HK scenes from the Hong Kong Legends version... just need to find the time :tongue:

TheKungFuRobber
I've actually thought about making a custom DVD of the HK cut using the Fortune Star master of the US version and filling in the gaps with the remastered HK scenes from the Hong Kong Legends version... just need to find the time :tongue:

I was going to make a custom too. I would need someone to provide the Cantonese Ji Han Jae fight from the middle of the film and the alternate ending (preferably letterbox). The Universe DVD only has the Singaporean print (the print most commonly found in HK, Taiwanese or Mainland Chinese DVDs) with a Cantonese soundtrack. All the deleted scenes on the HKL are actually from the Singaporean version too.

Archived