The Shadow Boxing (1979) (aka 'Spiritual Boxer 2') - Any good?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

shaolin swords

thanks for the info-but I was just going on what I read in this thread some one says there was hopping vampires never saw it so I did not second guess it but the way every thing sounds the movies is not for me but every body has there own opinion

Those aren't hopping vampires in The Shadow Boxing. They're just reanimated corpses hopping their way home for burial. "A supposed source of the jiangshi stories came from the folk practice of "transporting a corpse over a thousand li. The relatives of a person who died far away from home could not afford vehicles to have the deceased person's body transported home for burial, so they would hire a Taoist priest to conduct a ritual to ranimate the dead person and teach him/her to "hop" their way home. The priests would transport the corpses only at night and would ring bells to notify others in the vicinity of their presence because it was considered bad luck for a living person to set eyes upon a jangshi." Check out "Jiangshi" on Wikipedia for more.

So Liu Chia Liang hopes to escape from the bad guys by hiding among the hopping corpses. I'll buy the dvd just because I remember how enjoyable the movie was on the big screen in a Chinese theater several decades ago.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

OMG, that sounds like a must-see for me - just for the character hiding among hopping "zombies" (should we call these reanimated corpses that ?). :tongue:

Archived