Joshua Oppenheimer's The Look Of Silence (2014)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

It just won the Grand Jury Prize at Venice. I don't know anything about Venice Film Festival but it safe to say it's a pretty huge honor to win this prize at Venice? If you guys haven't seen The Act Of Killing about the Indonesian death squad, what are you doing, go watch it now!!! This is the follow up to that movie that surrounds the death of one of the family members who's brother was killed at the hands of the Indonesian death squad.

No trailer yet so I'll just post this but it does contain English subtitles.

ZamuaqFnr4I

http://deadline.com/2014/09/2014-venice-film-festival-award-winners-golden-lion-830387/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Act Of Killing and I would also recommend giving it a watch.

Note to those who haven't seen it; Those are not actors in there - they are the actual people who did the crimes talking & re-enacting. It is a documentary.

And just watching/listening to what one of the military leader said:

We crushed their necks with wood. We hung them. We strangled them with wire. We cut off their heads. We ran them over with cars. We were allowed to do it. And, the proof is we murdered people and were never punished. The people we killed, there's nothing to be done about it. They have to accept it. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better, but it works: I've never felt guilty, never been depressed, never had nightmares.

Sick.

Archived