Sum Nam Essie Lin Chia

Hao Li Je

GD Y-Y

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

A few comments from other users -

In relation to director Shen Chiang from forum member venom5's 'Winged Tiger' review -

Shen also directed the average SWORDSWOMEN THREE (1970). A passable sword picture with a good story and a very violent ending.

From the 'Shaw Brothers Hidden Gems' thread -

And for the original topic, I enjoyed greatly of "swordswomen three" and "swordmates(singapore dvd is extremely difficult to get hold of, but thai vcd is not)".

From member Agent Orange's 'A Taste of Cold Steel' review -

I watched A TASTE OF COLD STEEL and SWORDSWOMEN THREE back-to-back earlier this year. They’re very similar in terms of plot and structure, they were made the same year (1970), and they share two of the same stars, Essie Lin Chia and Chang Yi. TASTE was the weaker film, with a botched script in which Essie’s character does stupid things for no good reason. Its fight scenes were badly filmed, relying on too much hand-held camera, which meant the action was often blocked from view. It also had much more brutality and sadism than I’ve yet seen in a Shaw film. SWORDSWOMEN was the better film; the script made more sense, the camera was on a tripod, and the fights were staged by two of the greats, Tang Chia and Lau Kar Leung. It also had Lo Lieh as a smooth and crafty villain.

Swordsman Three is good Shaw Bros swordplay movie. Unless my memory serves me wrong, Lo Lieh plays the villain in this movie and is married to one of the three sisters who's family owns a well sought-after sword.

NoKUNGFUforYU

It's a decent flick, and one of the early Lo Lieh sleaze roles that eventually got him type cast. It's so startling to see him as a hero in the Swift Knight and Invincible Fist, after seeing so many villain roles in 70's. Honestly, I had no idea, even though he played the good guy in King Boxer, that he was a leading man for a good 5 years.

Archived