Manhole (2014)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

The debut movie from director Shin Jae-young is due to hit Korean screens in October, and it looks to be a refreshingly dark grindhouse style thriller about a serial killer who lurks in the sewers, using manhole covers to lure and capture his victims

After a young girl is kidnapped by the serial killer, her older sister decides to take matters into her own hands, and goes into the sewers on a mission to find her before it's too late. Check out the trailer below.

NholVM7xZj8

xuavhu.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds interesting, poster is cool but the trailer doesn't show too much. I'll definitely check it out when it becomes available.

Either they make every film in the same exact locations, or Korea just looks the same everywhere.

I can't help but think of The Chaser when I look at that poster. There's a ton of other films that have those creepy looking alleyway / narrow roads in them.

Anyway, this is one of my most anticipated Korean films of the year - along with Sea Fog, No Tears for the Dead and A Girl at My Door.

One Armed Boxer
Either they make every film in the same exact locations, or Korea just looks the same everywhere...There's a ton of other films that have those creepy looking alleyway / narrow roads in them.

I've been to Korea many times, and yes most of the suburbs outside of the cities are made up of those "creepy looking alleyway / narrow roads". However in the daylight they're not quite so creepy, and in many ways are what helps to give the charm to Korea's old residential areas, which can often be found just by slipping between a couple of the many tall modern buildings which line the cities main streets.

Either they make every film in the same exact locations, or Korea just looks the same everywhere.

I can't help but think of The Chaser when I look at that poster. There's a ton of other films that have those creepy looking alleyway / narrow roads in them.

Anyway, this is one of my most anticipated Korean films of the year - along with Sea Fog, No Tears for the Dead and A Girl at My Door.

Sadly, most of Korea looks the same everywhere. Even the rural parts are turning into clones of Seoul. With all the neon, signs, apartment buildings everwhere etc. And not to mention the traffic congestion. Unless they are filming a movie set in the 70's and 80's you really won't see much of a difference.

Finally! I've been checking KimchiDVD every day for the past month for some news about this and Sea Fog.

DVD only though? What's the deal?!

One Armed Boxer
DVD only though? What's the deal?!

It seems to be fairly standard practice with the Korean releases that the Blu-ray tends to come out around a month after the DVD release. Not sure why they go for the staggered release, but it's definitely the pattern.

Archived