Captain America: Civil War (2016)

AlbertV

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

All I can hope for is more with Steve and Bucky. I loved what Ed Brubaker did with those two in his initial Captain American run (well okay, NOT BuckyCap), but outside of that I loved the comic. Ditto for Chris and Sebastian in the films. These two are pitch perfect in their roles, so I hope Sebastian gets a lot more screen time. It's three movies in already. 

Crossbones' armor looks goofy as hell, but I am sure Frank Grillo will be just as good as he was in Winter Soldier. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

7bkD6q.jpg

Team Captain America: Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Agent 13, Captain America, Falcon, Winter Soldier

rsSka2.jpg

Team Iron Man: War Machine, Black Widow, Iron Man, Black Panther, Vision

I don't care much for Hawkeye and Iron Man is my favorite character in those movies. Can you guess who I'll be rooting for ?  :tongueout

Arghh...and I was trying to slip quietly out of my Marvel Universe obsession...:yociexpress05: Do you know how expensive an IMAX 3D film is!!!!??? I guess I'll breakdown and go see Ant Man.

Well, Iron Man may have a little ace up his sleeve too...a certain, wall-crawling ace apparently. 

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

but Hei, that's what early morning screenings are for :monk_coolagent:

Movie-going is stupid expensive in NYC. 

Hope you enjoy Ant-Man if you see it. 

Secret Executioner

Well, Iron Man may have a little ace up his sleeve too...a certain, wall-crawling ace apparently. 

Yeah, how come the web-slinger isn't around ? I also noticed: where are Thor and the (not referred to as such so far) Scarlet Witch ? The ending of Age of Ultron kinda explains why Hulk/Bruce Banner is missing, but what about these two ? Thor may be gone back to his world though, so I guess it leaves Scarlet Witch as a not solved case so far.

Oh, and since there's a clear split between Cap' and Shellhead, I do hope they'll make the story a 2-part arc with one part being CA3 and the other one IM4 (how about "Iron Man: Civil War, Chapter 2" or something ?). :nerd

but Hei, that's what early morning screenings are for :monk_coolagent:

Movie-going is stupid expensive in NYC. 

Hope you enjoy Ant-Man if you see it. 

I just checked and I guess I should have seen it when it was here. I was able to find on theatre that is close to me that is still showing it, or Youtube has it for preorder for $14 at a tbd date. or in HD at Amazon pre-order for $19.

I'm just going to see it big screen then decide.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Enjoy it, Hei. I saw the 10 seconds I wanted to see on YouTube. :)

Can't wait to see Captain America Civil War  next year just to see my two favorite Marvel characters beautifully personified on the big screen again. 

Yeah, how come the web-slinger isn't around ? I also noticed: where are Thor and the (not referred to as such so far) Scarlet Witch ? The ending of Age of Ultron kinda explains why Hulk/Bruce Banner is missing, but what about these two ? Thor may be gone back to his world though, so I guess it leaves Scarlet Witch as a not solved case so far.

Oh, and since there's a clear split between Cap' and Shellhead, I do hope they'll make the story a 2-part arc with one part being CA3 and the other one IM4 (how about "Iron Man: Civil War, Chapter 2" or something ?). :nerd

Thor's going to have another big issue to deal with in Asgard (Thor: Ragnarok is the next installment). Spider-Man's big reveal as of now is top secret, but Comic-Con footage leaked out a glimpse at the wall crawler, now played by Tom Holland. It has been confirmed that the Peter Parker we will see is in fact, 15-year old Parker (Holland is 19.) I'm guessing Scarlet Witch, because of the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron and perhaps because she's one of the newest Avengers to have just joined, is going to be neutral in the newly named Sokovia Accords (that's the name the Superhero Registration Act will be called in CA3).

Secret Executioner

Thor's going to have another big issue to deal with in Asgard (Thor: Ragnarok is the next installment). Spider-Man's big reveal as of now is top secret, but Comic-Con footage leaked out a glimpse at the wall crawler, now played by Tom Holland. It has been confirmed that the Peter Parker we will see is in fact, 15-year old Parker (Holland is 19.) I'm guessing Scarlet Witch, because of the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron and perhaps because she's one of the newest Avengers to have just joined, is going to be neutral in the newly named Sokovia Accords (that's the name the Superhero Registration Act will be called in CA3).

Would the "issue" Thor has to deal with have anything to do with the very end of The Dark World ?  ;) The final few seconds before the credits implied there could be BIG trouble in Asgard, surprised this wasn't adressed anywhere in Age of Ultron (like a Loki cameo or Thor having to leave in a hurry).

I'm surprised SW is to be neutral - they already got Ant-Man in a team, and he's even newer. Maybe they keep her aside for a big reveal due to a make-over, or maybe because she'll have a special part (IIRC, the Registration Act from the comics came due to metahumans abusing their powers and causing a lot of casualties - and SW was initially a villain in spite of a change of heart that was more because of a realization Ultron had been playing her and her brother for fools than really out of any concern).

Last sidenote: aren't the teams reversed ? In the comics, Iron Man led the pro-SRA and Cap' refused to give in, but it seems (from the post end credits of Ant-Man, which I actually missed and the scene I mentionned in my review - the one about the Wasp suit - was the mid-credit one) that Iron Man is now some kind of fugitive while Cap' and Falcon are now working for some official organization. :hvb_not_sure:

I remembered that Thor left as a result of his "Dream" scene and I felt like it was forewarning images of the Ragnarok. ( I do not know the comics well so I could be way off with that.) It seems that there was a bit of conflict about how the Age of Ultron ended up being

Here is an article from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/joss-whedon-clashed-with-marvel-over-thor-dream-sequence-in-avengers-2

The Scarlet Witch if I remember right ended up with the Avengers but it was hesitant, remember she had spent her life hating Stark and then her brother had just been killed. She also must have been reeling from what had just happened as her and her brother had been shut away for so long. It'll be interesting to see how the character plays out

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/05/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-will-scarlet-witch-play-well-with-others

And for myself I will be rooting for Team Captain America. Tony Stark was grating my nerves and has such a nercisistic personality that he is dangerous. Plus I know not a lot of people liked Iron Man 3 but as a therapist I liked the realism of seeing how affected he was by the whole events of The Avengers. He showed some PTSD in Iron Man 1 but it was really realistic and he felt more human (less self centered) for a little while in that movie.

Secret Executioner

That dream sequence in Age of Ultron was so glanced over I had to read the article from IGN to remember it was there. That needed to be included in the film IMO, at least to flesh out Thor's story arc.

That dream sequence in Age of Ultron was so glanced over I had to read the article from IGN to remember it was there. That needed to be included in the film IMO, at least to flesh out Thor's story arc.

See that was Joss's issue with the final editing, he stated there was a longer sequence for that Thor story but Marvel cut it. I have to check also but I think that it was always Cap who was for the registration, but I think that what happened was something changed his mind after a while. It's probably an X-Men like scenario where they were all to register but it would have been for bad reasons.

This looks awesome and I also am looking forward to seeing Baron Zemo and Crossbones in this one.

Hei, that's funny you mentioned how Joss wanted that scene in Avengers in but Marvel cut it. This was part of the reason why Kevin Feige got upset, complained and as a result, Feige and Marvel Studios now reports directly to Bob Iger and Disney (which allows more creative control for the filmmakers on the MCU) while the so-called Marvel committee who cut the scene now only focus on TV projects and report to Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter (who is notorious for being a penny pincher).

Secret Executioner

From this trailer, it looks like we're in for an interesting and edgy film. Seems like there'll be A LOT going on here.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

In spite of a lot going on, this could possibly be an intimate character driven story.  Steve is in a tricky spot and Tony is put through the ringer too (Crosses digits that Rhodey is okay.)  Nice to see Black Panther too. 

Cheers @thekfc for posting the trailer. 

Secret Executioner

In spite of a lot going on, this could possibly be an intimate character driven story.  Steve is in a tricky spot and Tony is put through the ringer too (Crosses digits that Rhodey is okay.)  Nice to see Black Panther too. 

Cheers @thekfc for posting the trailer. 

re War Machine: I believe there's a point in a continuity (I think the Ultimate one) where he's presumed dead and ends up taking over as Iron Man after Tony Stark is forced to add tech to stop his armor from outside for some bulls**t reason, which leads to him giving up being Iron Man and Rhodey taking over. Maybe a plot for a possible future Iron Man film ?

Archived