A list of the best Drunkem kung fu movies.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Drunken Monk inspired me to ask this question.

kungfuprop.jpg

22707118_1_l.jpg

How about a list of the best Drunken movies.

world_of_drunken_master.jpg

4354chen1.jpg

The-Legend-of-Drunken-Master.jpg

zui2.jpg

231-321.jpg

13687-02.jpg

Su+Can,+founder+of+the+Drunken+Fist.jpg

l8842388b7c1c3.jpg

0105903_big.jpg

shaolindrunkenmonk.jpg

Drunken-Kung-Fu.jpg

040730111707_l.jpg

5a6d558274534479f5a33fa2192784e6.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj2uZqnGgkX_1ZVU0QDeTHHa1fuzdJKIGaQKeiRaMQ5NXtXbPQfA

0200125_big.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Is Drunken Tai Chi even a "drunken kung fu" film ? I don't recall it having any drunken style...

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Is Drunken Tai Chi even a "drunken kung fu" film ? I don't recall it having any drunken style.

Phantom Kung Fu has

Good question.

I can not recall.

GD Y-Y

Is Drunken Tai Chi even a "drunken kung fu" film ? I don't recall it having any drunken style...

The drunken style isn't in the movie itself, but there was a mis-translation of the Chinese title which literally means "Laugh Tai Chi." Also the U.S. distributors probably wanted to cash in on the success of Drunken Master. I would still consider it a drunken kung fu movie, if only because of the title.

Because of that, it's my fourth favorite drunken movie, behind (in chronological order) Drunken Master, Dance of the Drunken Mantis, and Drunken Master 2.

Dance of the Drunken Mantis

That is my number one. Jackies character is far too cocky I don`t like DM`s, fights are great anyway..

World of drunken masters and story of drunken master are good I think drunken arts and crippled fists was fine too,

That is my number one. Jackies character is far too cocky I don`t like DM`s, fights are great anyway..

That's the main reason why I like Snake in the Eagle's Shadow more than DM. You feel more sympathetic for Jackie in SiTES. I do like DM, because it's nice to see how he grows as a character while still wise-cracking his opponents, but I cared more for his character in SiTES and the training scenes are made even more inspirational.

My favorite drunken style movie is probably Drunken Master 2, and I'm still deciding if I liked the original DM more than Dance of the Drunken Mantis. Both are great movies in my opinion.

NoKUNGFUforYU

meh, Drunken Master's characters are little more than punks, and his best buddy is a rapist. I really think that the so called Drunken Style is really a true martial art, more of an offspring from possibly Chinese Opera, etc. It looks completely ineffective with the palsied claw, etc. As LKL says in Drunken Master 2, you can't kill with your drunken fist.

Funny story. I trained under Phillip Wong (don't worry, I sucked) and he had a bit, just a bit of an ego. Ok, he was a hater. Anyway, he was also really, really good. He hated the fact that Jackie Chan was considered good at Drunken Fist, when Phillip had won Wu Shu trophies in China for his routine. You may not of heard of him, but he trained in Beijing and married Jet Li's teammate. Jet taught some of his students at times, and his ex wife would show up at practice with her incredibly sleazy looking, chain smoking boyfriend.

Wu shu, good way to show off and then destroy your back and joints, all while learning a bunch of counter productive martial arts moves. Still, looks pretty, and if you are going to do impractical stuff, might as well be the best impractical stuff!

Archived